Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       04-25-2011, 9:18 AM Reply   
I have an 02 Sanger V210 that I picked up last year with 250 hours. I did some minor electrical work this winter (PP install, couple of amps, wired in another battery through perko, ballast, ect)

Now the boat reads 85,762 hours...any way to reset this? That does kind of kill the low-hour resale on this thing! haha
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-25-2011, 10:04 AM Reply   
Bleck. I'm no help but if you figure out what made it do that please post here. I'm going to add a perfect pass to mine shortly and I'd like to avoid this situation if possible.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-25-2011, 10:27 AM Reply   
Keep it like that and video the turnover to 87,000 hours. Mercruiser and Sanger would love a boat with those hours to be around. I quit buying hour meters for my old boat when the second one broke. It's only got about 3500 and I thought that was impressive.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       04-25-2011, 10:35 AM Reply   
Only 78840 hours since it was built (roughly)... So even running 24/7 it wouldn't quite be possible. Bizare problem though. My uess is it's a electric/deigital guage and not a standard quartz gauge. There's something to be said for simplicity.

I'd probably call a Sanger dealer and ask what could cause that and if they would reset it to the approx hours actually on the boat. Wouldn't care enouhg to pay a fortune, but for a small fee it would be nice to have accurate hours.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-25-2011, 12:44 PM Reply   
Something went haywire with the hour meter is my guess. I wouldnt sweat it. The engine ECM shows the actual "run time" on the engine and is more accurate anyway. Only problem is you need a specific type of scan tool to see the actual hours on the engine recorded by the ECM.
Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       04-25-2011, 2:56 PM Reply   
Haha that's true...maybe I should send the pic to Sanger and say "My boat has 87000 hours and it looks and runs like it only has 250!." That has to be worth something right? Anyways, I will call Sanger and see what they say. If I find an easy fix or the reason it happened, I will let you guys know!

Thanks alot!
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-26-2011, 11:44 AM Reply   
Probably have to talk to Faria or Teleflex or whoever makes the guages, it also may be easier to get ahold of them over Sanger. Good Luck !