Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       05-10-2006, 5:12 PM Reply   
This year our family just picked a fully loaded 2003 Mastercraft X-2 with only 80hrs on it. We owned a 1996 Larson 19.5 footer and that is what we rode behind mostly last year. On two lucky occasions,I got the chance to ride behind an old 210 Air Nautique w/o ballast and a new supra 23 footer again w/o ballast. I loved the wake behind both boats and I had the two best sessions of the year behind them. What should I expect from the X-2 with 900lbs of ballast wake wise and should I expect mechanical problems. Pl}ease reply.
Old    jayp            05-10-2006, 6:13 PM Reply   
I used to have an 03 X-2. Got it with 80 hours and put 100 on it. The only mechanical issues we had was the fuel pump. It was replaced twice. It is a known issue so if it starts sputtering due to lack of gas when the tank is half full that is most likely the culprit.

The X-2 with 900 lbs of ballast will have a nice wake. 1500 lbs and you have a very nice wake.

If you don't have Perfect Pass you may want to get it. The boat is hard to keep at speed when pulling a rider. You get used to it. Just more work for the driver though.

I think you are going to be very happy with the boat.

Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-10-2006, 6:26 PM Reply   
Boy are you in for a surprise. There's a pretty big difference from an i/o to an X2. The 900lbs stock ballast will be fine... for a while, then you'll want to add at least 400 lbs of lead in the bow, or perhaps just a full sack. I have an 04 that I got about a month ago and I'm totally in love with it. I haven't had any problems with it yet. Enjoy it!!!
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-10-2006, 10:26 PM Reply   
You'll love it. Change the impeller at least every two years. Some people change every year. Never start it out of the water....When emptying the ballast tanks, turn them off when they start to sputter, running them dry destroys them and you'll have to get new ones. They're not exactly easy to change....