Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-11-2010, 8:11 PM Reply   
My '04 X2 is getting something besides people to weight down the front this summer. Lead is not an option because I tow everywhere. Is anyone using the integrated bow sac? I'm not sure if it's too big to go up in there or not. I was thinking about getting a custom sac made, but not sure if that's too expensive or not.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-12-2010, 5:00 AM Reply   
I use it my 2000 XStar (same as 205v)...it fits perfectly. You can only fill it to about 350lbs though. If people don't normally sit up there, and you're wanting to add more than 350lbs, I'd recommend the bow wedge (goes on top of your seats).
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-12-2010, 12:29 PM Reply   
I have used the integrated bow sac in an 2007 and 2008 X2. We also used one in a 2003 205. You can also go with the X2 bow sac that has a little different shape to optimize the space up there.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-12-2010, 1:54 PM Reply   
Your better off with just a standard 600lb'r in the walkway or a 450. Just my .02 owning that boat. It will really depend on the weight confi you plan on running, by the that IBS sac just doesn't get enough space to actually be useful under those seats if you ask me. Again depends on what weight config you plan on running in the rear. if it just the standard rear you may be able to get by with the IBS but anything above that you will want to get away from the IBS.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-12-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
Yeah, my local shop had one blown up with air and it looked like it would be a jumbled mess up in there and that it really wouldn't do much. I'd really like to not have anything in the walkway, cause I normally have 4 or 5 people with me. I'm thinking about getting the gravity games belly sac to get another 100 pounds or so in the locker, and then either getting a small version of the integrated bow sac custom made or just getting a couple v-drive sacs and manually filling them when I need them. Decisions, decisions.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-12-2010, 8:55 PM Reply   
I have one in my X1 and it's great. Probably gets close to 300lbs in there totally out of the way. Seems like a no brainer to get one if you are serious about the wake.

I sometimes add 1200 extra pounds in the walkway and upfront, but I ALWAYS have that 300lbs full from the IBS.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2010, 5:58 AM Reply   
do you have it piggybacked off the ski locker sac?
Old     (corbin)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-13-2010, 7:12 AM Reply   
Does any one know if an integrated bow sac would fit in a 2001 Sanger SangAir (210 I think) DD?
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-13-2010, 7:33 AM Reply   
I was going to get an integrated and changed my mind and went with 400lbs of lead from Pop products. I think thats a better option for that narrow bow. Just my thoughts and if you want more weight. Just be ready the bow does sink quite a bit driving through rollers is different already took water over the front. It was in winter and wife was up front with our 3 year old and she was not happy!!! hahahah
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-13-2010, 8:08 AM Reply   
Justin- No I leave it full unless I am towing, and then I always empty it.