Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (jdub)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-11-2008, 8:04 PM Reply   
I'm supposed to be on a Houseboat @ Lake Oroville this weekend, (Per the guy who set it up)...the marina say's they have a 1 lane dirt ramp and they are 35 feet away from closing the lake all together. But trying to keep it open!
They're a bunch of jetskiiers, I have the boat and am unsure about going...anybody been recently? Conditions? Trees? etc?
I read the lake levels...and googled, but know that WW is alive and well @ Oroville.
Thanks!
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-12-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
I was there this past Saturday. Spillway launch ramp is closed, and the Bidwell launch ramp has been reduced to a 1 lane dirt ramp with metal mesh mats to help with traction. We were able to launch fine with a 3/4 ton diesel Dodge Ram. However, watch what time you launch because with only 1 ramp, the line gets pretty long.
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-12-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
We were at Oroville the weekend of August 2nd and 3rd. At that time the spillway launch ramp was down to two lanes, but we were still launching from the cement. As for the lake, once we were able to get the boat in the water there was plenty of lake left to enjoy.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-12-2008, 6:17 PM Reply   
What about Limesaddle?

I'm supposed to be going Labor day weekend and a one lane launch ramp sounds like a frickin nightmare.
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       08-12-2008, 6:44 PM Reply   
Lime Saddle has been closed for about 2 weeks. Spillway is closed. Loafer creek is closed. The only option for Lake Oroville is the one lane mud ramp at Bidwell.
Old     (jdub)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-12-2008, 8:21 PM Reply   
Houseboat = Launch once & out once....I think I gotta go! After owning a boat, 4X4 is the only tow vehicle to have.
Nick / Robert, any pic's? Thanks!
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-13-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
Thanks Michelle.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-13-2008, 8:09 AM Reply   
Ryan-the one lane launch ramp was a nightmare. I ended up getting out in about 20 minutes, but the other boat with us had to wait nearly 2 1/2 hours. If you do go, launch in the early afternoon-don't wait till 5 o'clock on a weekend.

Jordan-sorry, no pics. The water level was okay, and I didn't see any unmarked shallow spots. It's just the launch ramp situation that is bad.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-13-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
I appreciate all the heads up guys. I have since pulled out of this trip. Looks like I'll have to suffer with the Delta (sarcasm).