Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (lop)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-29-2005, 11:30 PM Reply   
I just got a new lens and was testing it out. let me know what you think.

this last one he is doing a tumble turn, not wiping out as it looks like
Old    bman©            08-30-2005, 1:06 AM Reply   
any tips on the tumble turn?

been trying it every now and again but can never pull it off.. walk me thru it
Old     (lop)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2005, 1:31 AM Reply   
I can't do one. he says after you do one they seem to come naturally.
Old     (schuey)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-30-2005, 2:17 AM Reply   
I don't really even understand the mechanics of how a tumble turn is supposed to be done! I've seen a couple of explanations in magazines and on the web and I just can't seem to picture it in my mind... what way do you have to be facing to start with and which way do you turn/flip? What happens to the rope? What part of you goes into the water then?
Old     (lop)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2005, 2:29 AM Reply   
I ride goofy so i cut out to the right side of the wake and lay on my back, when you lay down your orad will wnat to pull behind you. your supposed to be able to pull the rope to your chest and finish it, but I haven't pulled one through yet. I jsut started trying them but ripped my stomach muscles a couple of weeks ago playing around...I would much rather faceplant than land backwards
Old     (lop)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2005, 2:31 AM Reply   
oh yeah after the board whips behind, you have to pull it out otf the water until you are facing the boat again..
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-30-2005, 4:47 AM Reply   
There is a really good shot of Murray doing this in PrePop. You can see all of the mechanics of it, if you have the DVD.
Old     (lop)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2005, 4:58 AM Reply   
we have a video of him doing it on the backyard tour, but of course he makes everything look so damn easy it makes you want to go out and hurt yourself
Old    snoobs            08-30-2005, 8:04 AM Reply   
Kinda nice to come on this forum and see pics of home. Ho, humm, I can't wait till I get off work today....
Old    cinekw            08-30-2005, 9:59 AM Reply   
I see you are riding the Fish, how is it ?

I'm currently riding Hyperlite Premier 135, I've tried the Liquid Force Trip 138 and I liked the pop on it but the Premier was easier to control and the landings were much softer. How is the FISH?
Old    snoobs            08-30-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
The guy in the pics is not on the forum. However, we all own a Fish. The landings are very soft. If you come down on a little tip forward, no saving it, your done. It¡¯s definitely slower than my Balance. I would say it¡¯s about the same speed as a Premier. It doesn't hold an edge as well as the Premier. It¡¯s definitely a spinning board. A fun board to ride. I am quite curious to see the two new shapes that LF is coming out with that will be based of the Fish. I'd like something that locks into an edge and is faster.
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-30-2005, 3:37 PM Reply   
chris
do you and your wife want to come out for some runs this weekend...we"ll probably doing all day sat..we might have room late sat or early sat.
depending on the family ,and when they want to come out do....

give me a call
Old     (hypo303)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-30-2005, 5:42 PM Reply   
sorry chris ,i mean monday....
Old     (msasser)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-30-2005, 10:42 PM Reply   
i think the pics are amazing, seems to me what the post is about.
Old     (lop)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2005, 11:39 PM Reply   
You guys should know that the kid in the pics just started attempting inverts this year and to top it off he is landing them behind a seadoo boat with about a 8-10 inch wake. he is real close to landing a raley and front roll and has no problems with tantrums and back rolls...

S.K.Y.
I see your wifes jeep, sorry about tearin up the glass for you guys that night. I was just trying out the new lens. I think we are going to have rename that Fish Lake. There are 5 of them on the lake now and it is all the regulars who ride out there.

Hypo
Monday sounds good. let me know and I'll pull the sea-doo up for everyone to play on.

Thanks Mike