Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old    sliderfreak            10-19-2004, 11:40 AM Reply   
yo. has anybody heard or kno anything about the bi level wakeskate?it looks really heavy and akward and i dunno? iz it better or the same id like any feed back.

keep on keepin on keepin
Old    veganx            10-20-2004, 1:33 PM Reply   
I've seen them, but have not ridden one. They are quite heavy. Not that that is a problem for a skate. The concave and kicktail are much closer to a skateboard's shape than other concave wakeskates. According to Thomas the top deck flexes and springs against the bottom deck, which helps the tail of the board pop a lot more than solid skates. He couldn't explain exactly how it works "I'm not a ****in' physicist" but swears it ollies much better than any other board he's ridden.
Old     (rippin24)      Join Date: May 2001       10-22-2004, 8:45 AM Reply   
how this do for your ollie potential, no seriously Cassette came and did a demo and judge the wakeskate comp for the last event, The board does work well and has opened up a new level of riding for sure!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-22-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
Does that bi-level go both ways???
Old    sliderfreak            10-22-2004, 11:01 AM Reply   
so guessing that its good?
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-22-2004, 12:39 PM Reply   
That's crazy. Are the rules for what defines a wakeskate for the competitions? Because it's bilevel the way it is, would there potentially be an issue that its not allowed to be used?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-22-2004, 8:18 PM Reply   
Is that picture real??? That is mad pop for a any water sport.
Old     (rippin24)      Join Date: May 2001       10-23-2004, 10:29 AM Reply   
very real picture, took place in front of me and that was one of many that were, well you can see for your self,insane ollie's and sick air! Thomas Horrell, and Aaron Reed came out to judge the wakeskate comp. and to do a demo for the Bi-level and Cassette team.
I am sceptical more than most on new ideas, and supposed inovation, but I do have to tip my hat and give mad props where due for that board, every rider that demo'd the board was riding with more control, and the ollie factor was raised significantly. I am sure the will be other sceptics and it may not be your style but the board itself was incredible and those guys put on a great Demo.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/195413.html?1098459664
Old     (skurfer666)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-25-2004, 8:58 AM Reply   
That's inside out off the lip. Still big but people can get pop like that from a board other than a bi-level,
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       10-25-2004, 10:21 AM Reply   
Uhhh, maybe on a wakeboard...

I've heard of people boosting off of a start up roller behind a tournament style boat, but I've never seen or heard of anything like this behind a seadoo. Say what you wish, but reed's pop is sick.

(Message edited by electricsnow on October 25, 2004)