Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old    wangwanghung            10-20-2006, 4:49 PM Reply   
Ive heard alot about these and im new to WW but everyone keeps talking about the pickleforks and I just wanted to see what you guys thought were the best for ride quality, comfort, wake, best all around, bang for the buck. That kind of comparison. I saw two I think pulling at the contest in Bakersfield about a week ago and they both looked like awesome boats with huge wakes. Did anyone here ride behind them?
Old    jack43            10-20-2006, 4:54 PM Reply   
One with an X.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-20-2006, 4:57 PM Reply   
Best wake probly an x star. If you want some thing big for a of people an x45. If you want something thats got pretty good size a good a good wake and a good price (well atleast for a mastercraft) I got an X2 and i love it.
Old    wangwanghung            10-20-2006, 5:04 PM Reply   
I do like how the mastercraft graphics are different from all others on the market. One thing I read was that they are slow off the line and they suck gas like no other, and that they are not very good for turning, ex. X-30-someone had said that it turns very slow
-I understand that this is all really opinions but atleast it can help me narrow things down because I know im going to have one by boat show time.
Old    wangwanghung            10-20-2006, 5:07 PM Reply   
Have you guys ridden behind the MB or Tige versions? I saw some pics of the wake on the MB and it was massive. But it is hard to tell from pictures, i'd like to see it in person. The Tige wake looked alot cleaner on the boat test but once again, its hard to tell.
Old     (smackus)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-20-2006, 5:11 PM Reply   
They really only do one thing really well. Pull wakeboarders. The mastercrafts are overpriced but IMO they are one of the best.
Old     (jsxstar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-20-2006, 5:13 PM Reply   
x-star hands down
Old    deltahoosier            10-20-2006, 5:35 PM Reply   
Dude....I am usually not this immature but:

Has anyone ever said, "Paging MikeHunt, anyone seen MikeHunt" while drinking at the bar?

Sorry....I will go away now. I listen to Bob and Tom too much when I wake up.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-20-2006, 5:39 PM Reply   
Mike Hunt, meet Mike Oxlong!!
Old    wangwanghung            10-20-2006, 5:43 PM Reply   
actually my first name is Phil, but i go by mike, my middle name. Phil Mike Hunt. So now that im the butt of your joke, ok maybe not the butt, can we get on with the boats already.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-20-2006, 6:18 PM Reply   
if you want a mastercraft that handles/turns well the x2 is it
Old     (faceplanter69)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-22-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
One of my last rides of the year was in the new Tige pickle fork. I had to say I was very impressed with most everything. It's a well thought out solid boat. It handled amazing compared to the x-star and seems to have a bit more passenger room.

The Tige ballast was brutal though. It took forever to fill and the tanks take up a pretty large part of the storage areas in the bow and back hatches. When it comes down to it.

Tige RZ4 (is that the name I can't remember now)
Handles better, more passenger room then the Xstar. The wake IMO doesn't compare to an X-star wake though. The X-star has more storage than you could ever want and just felt more solid and had less rattles then the Tige.

I thought the Tige was good, but, if I was in the market for a pickle fork and I wanted a wake not a boat that did great power turns the X-star would earn my cash. Tige really needs to figure out how to make a wake that kicks your butt instead of fiddleing around with what's inside it. Tige has the styling and a functional interior. Just figure out how to do ballast and a wake that boots you and they'll crack the big three...
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-22-2006, 9:19 PM Reply   
did you say "great" power turns!!>>???
Old     (faceplanter69)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-22-2006, 9:27 PM Reply   
oxy moron I guess isn't it Jonny. Just saying that it could run circles around an X-star when it comes to how they handle. If it had a wake like an X-star it would be the pickle fork to have.
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-22-2006, 10:04 PM Reply   
Yeah, I would agree and I own an x series. The tiges handle really well. My boat is like driving a submerged school bus. But I like slow big girls...
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-23-2006, 7:21 AM Reply   
Ben, is it under powered or what? You would think for as much as you spent on that, it would handle like a sportscar.
Old     (skier12)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-23-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
Ben's boat is certainly not underpowered, he got the 8.1 liter with 450 hp.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/377827.html?1161223928
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-23-2006, 8:58 AM Reply   
Then why would it handle like a "submerged school bus" when it is only 24ft long?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-23-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
http://www.centennialantiques.com/372951Adoration-PickleFork.html