Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-18-2003, 8:52 AM Reply   
Congrats to all the young groms( children of skireel, Jeff Royal, turtle,Larry,jjakober,hatepwcs), that are getting up at such a young age, however who is the youngest competing wakeboarder, that has actually wakeboarded in a wakeboarding contest?
The 4 year old below took 6th place, out of 7, in The Performance Gravel Tour Stop 4 at OWC,
July 12, 2003.
http://www.perfski.com/index.cfm?CFID=103510&CFTOKEN=72401777

Cheers, Barry Vaught
http://www.pbase.com/barryvaught/wakeboarding_pro_tour_2003

Buck Daley (Orlando)
Buck Daley
Old    wakeboard_iraq            08-18-2003, 9:01 AM Reply   
What size board is that and who makes it? I taught my 5 yr. old niece how to ride but the Hyperlite 121 is way too big for her (she is tiny at only 39 lbs). It would be like a normal size guy trying to wakeboard on the front door to his house.
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-18-2003, 9:32 AM Reply   
Jim, I believe the smallest board made is the Hyperlite Kids Unite series and it is a Motive 119
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-18-2003, 12:45 PM Reply   
I learned to ski when i was 4... but i wasn't carving like that kid is. Plus i was on two skies and it was back in 1983. Good job!!!! That's amazing!
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-19-2003, 7:16 PM Reply   
Buck's Equipment & other info

Board= Hyperlite Motive 119
Bindings= Hyperlite Spins
Mentor= Lauren Harf
Favorite Rider= Darin Shapiro
Tricks=Toe & Heel Wake Jumps, Ole's
Schedule = 2003 Performance Gravel Tour, OWC
Contacts= I will be happy to forward all communications to Buck's Family

Cheers, Barry Vaught
VaughtEnterprise@aol.com
http://www.pbase.com/barryvaught/wakeboarding_pro_tour_2003
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-19-2003, 8:03 PM Reply   
My son Jacob rode in the Phoenix pro am when he was four and a half. What a cool experience that was!! He rode in Nationals and Worlds last year (8 years old) and took second. this year (now 9) he is seeded #1. He never watched Disney movies, it was always wakeboarding movies. His favorite toy as a child was a wakeboard handle.

(Message edited by teamvaldez on August 19, 2003)
Old     (peeejay)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-20-2003, 1:00 AM Reply   
WHAT TRICKS CAN HE DO AT THAT AGE?
Old     (skireel)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-20-2003, 8:00 PM Reply   
This is great. I love seeing these little guys behind the boat. Two little girls rode at SPF in Oklahoma last month. They were 6 and 8. Both had been riding for a few years. My little boy will be on his own board this fall at 3 years old. I hope he is riding in competition next season.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-20-2003, 8:36 PM Reply   
PJ, if you are asking about Jacob Valdez, He has a ton of tricks: every grab in the book, several different 180s (including an undercarriage), and about 6 different inverts (HS & TS backrolls, tantrum, frontroll, scarecrow, and TS backroll to revert). Also, everything he does is pretty big. The kid kills it!!!!
Old     (peeejay)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-22-2003, 6:50 AM Reply   
jeff im trying to inspire my kids do you have any video of the valdez boys you can email or send regular mail i will pay for postage?