Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (newb1)      Join Date: May 2007       05-05-2007, 5:17 PM Reply   
I am just getting back into boating. What would you recommend. Very little wakeboard experience myself, and the kids are only 12, and 13. We go out on my brother in-laws 05 Moomba LSV once in awhile and enjoy it. What else should I consider in this price range.
I am taking the summer off work, so we will be spending a lot of time on the water this summer.
Thinking I will be wake surfing mainly getting to old to take high speed falls.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-05-2007, 5:54 PM Reply   
can't go wrong with a sanger
Old     (newb1)      Join Date: May 2007       05-05-2007, 6:26 PM Reply   
Yea I hear the V215 is a great built boat. Is there any negatives? I was checking out the wake surfing thread and the wake looks great when properly weighted.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-05-2007, 6:39 PM Reply   
I have a Sanger V215 and paid pretty close to that price 43k. I absolutely love it and highly recommend them. After I did my research (which I do a lot of) I chose to go with them. Look into the build quality and heratig of the company and you'll see. Heck their drag boats still go for over 100k and their from the 80's. Negatives?...I cant really think of anything major but if you want a ton of bling out of the box they dont really do that. You can get the billet package if you want it blinged out a bit more.
Old     (newb1)      Join Date: May 2007       05-05-2007, 6:46 PM Reply   
I am not at all interested in bling. What all were you able to get for that price? I know I want perfect pass, and triple ballast, and probably adjustable wake plate.
Old     (lumpy9138)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-05-2007, 7:36 PM Reply   
I got my '07 Mobius LSV for about that. I has PP, GravityIII, wakeplate, tower speakers, sub, and amp.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       05-05-2007, 9:14 PM Reply   
Bill,
Yes the Sanger surfwake can be great if you weight it properly. i love my v215 . You will love wakesurfing as it is very low impact. Easy on my old knees. Have had mine for three years and no problems at all.
Old     (newb1)      Join Date: May 2007       05-06-2007, 8:23 AM Reply   
Dennis
Thanks for the recommendation. I tore a peck last year messing around, and got a good lesson on getting older.
I see you live in Shingle Springs. The company I work for has their main office up there. I am down in San Jose until the kids are out of high school. Then I may look to transfer.
Old    stillstandin            05-06-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
Bill, I was in the same position, demoed several boats, and ended up with the V215 in the end. Best rough water ride Ive been in. Great build quality. Negatives, the dash and glove box arent as nice as some of the others, but with that being said, Sanger has it where it counts most. I just started wake surfing, I havent quite figured out the wake yet. Demo, you will love it......good luck. I dont think you can go wrong with a Moomba as well.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-06-2007, 10:49 AM Reply   
I purchased a left over 06 so my deal was good partly because of that.

-PP
-depth finder
-tandem axle with surge
-tower speakers
-sub and 2 amps
-heater
-wind blocker
-bow filler
-ballast (currently only center)

I was steered away from the hydrolic wake plate by my dealer. He didn't believe they were necessary due to the hull design. I chose to wait on the rear ballast because I wanted more than the stock 250# per side. I too plan on inland surfing this year and figured I'd need at least 500-750# per side. That and my dealer does a completely under the floor system for the rears that I plan on upgrading to. Good luck with your search and have fun with it.
Old     (nebwake)      Join Date: May 2007       05-07-2007, 2:29 PM Reply   
malibu V-Ride its inexpensive and malibu quality
Old     (brick)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-09-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Moomba-Mobius-LSV-Wakeboard-Boat-LOADED_W0QQitemZ110124982132QQihZ001QQcategoryZ636 86QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem