Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (p_b_parks)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-16-2005, 8:19 PM Reply   
I believe in following my dreams and my deffinite number 1 dream is to become a professional wakeboarder i mean as of now i eat and breathe wakeboarding and it is my whole life. but my parents do not think i have the right natural skill of becoming proffesional but even i dont think i hav the calibur to make it to the pro level but what about just being sponsored, i mean it is deffintly no easy feat but alot easier then becoming pro, do u think u can }make a good living with being sponsored and entering competitions and things like that, what is the avg income of someone like that?
thanx for any comments much appreciated!
Adam
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-16-2005, 10:10 PM Reply   
Any takers on this?

Adam, buddy... if you want to make a decent living, then go to school, learn a skill or a trade, conduct yourself responsibly so that you will be respected and business will come your way, then buy a boat, ride, and be happy.
If it were easy to make a decent living as sponsored rider, then everybody would be doing it.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-16-2005, 10:11 PM Reply   
Listen to your parents. Wakeboarding is not a big money sport. Do it for the love... not the money.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-16-2005, 11:01 PM Reply   
If you want to be involed in wakeboarding, go to college, get a degree in whatever field suits you, then apply to wake companies to work for them. Or you if you have a niche in the wake industry that needs to be filled, invent a product and sell it. thats my plan, and no i wont share my ideas.
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-16-2005, 11:06 PM Reply   
The very reason that you will never get sponsered, and you will never go pro is because of what you said. "I don't even think I have the calibur to make it to pro level" well I translated it into grammar. Listen, just keep progressing, post up on the forums this and wakeboarder.com, find pulls with people who are better than you, be very very nice about it, pay for gas, represent yourself as a very mature person, not the 14 year old you are with your friends. Kindness, generocity, and overall respect will get you very far in this sport. You can do it, if you believe you can. To be completely honest...go to a college that has a wake team already in place too, like in florida, Arizona, or Washington...I don't know if any Canadian schools have them. Ride as much as you can, but GO to college. I know a few 'pro's' in Florida right now who are barely paying bills, and some who aren't. The only way you will make it financially in this sport is if you are the best rider out there. I recommend you go to college, do what Josh Palma, the Ennen Brothers, Steve Edwards, Sean O'brien, and various other are doing...go to college. This sport won't take you as far as you want it to, but when it stops taking you for an awesome ride, you'll have something to fall back on. You can do it if you think you can. My goals have changed from being a pro to just being surrounded by the industry and working in it.
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-16-2005, 11:11 PM Reply   
Wake up and smell the cofee, its not a long term job prospect. Unless your good enough to earn megabucks in a few short years even your sponcered riders will be flipping burgers in there 30s.
Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-17-2005, 12:27 AM Reply   
If you are riding to just get a sponsor, here is my opinion STOP RIDING. You should ride for the love of the sport, ride for yourself and not others. If you are a competitive person ride in local comps and your skills will bring the sponsors, if that is what you want. Remeber keep it fun.
Old    murrayair            02-17-2005, 1:23 AM Reply   
WakeXtreme-check your email.

I am seriously disapointed in all the negative responses this kid has gotten. I mean, I realize you guys are trying to be practical, but you some of you guys are slamming his dream straight into the ground. He has a dream, let him follow it. Sure there is a deffinate risk, but nothing worth having is without risk. Just because someone wants to get sponsored and ride pro doesn't mean they aren't riding for fun anymore. On the contrary. More sponsers= more riding =more fun. Ask guys like Byerly and Murray if it was worth the risks they took to get to where they are today.

Sorry if my oppinion comes off as strong, I'm not trying to dis anyone else. I just think there is too much of a lack of optimism in our society when it comes to people following lofty dreams.
Old    tpalmeri            02-17-2005, 6:57 AM Reply   
There is a quite a lack in optimism in society. I want to open a wake/skate shop in my town, and am getting very little moral support. I encourage you to follow your dream, but it is nice to have a safety net like a degree to fall back on. I think you can chase down your dream and have a safety net. The ennen's are a great example that I heard mentioned. Go for it.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-17-2005, 7:20 AM Reply   
I'm with Tom on this one. If you love to wakeboard just keep doing it and the rewards will come, if you're worried about the $ take up Motocross or Snowboarding. ;-)

Go to college or learn a good trade. Having a good income will allow you to keep on wakeboarding since this will always be an expensive sport. A prime example of someone who has figured it out is Mike Schwenne. Mike will graduate with a degree in business from UCSC this year and that's one of the reasons his wakeboard camp is such a success.

Sorry to sound cynical but I've seen enough to realize it's extremely tough to make a living in this sport based on skill alone. Follow your dreams but keep it real.
Old    azshan            02-17-2005, 10:03 AM Reply   
How old are you, fella?
It reads like you are still young enough to be in middle or high school....
My suggestions, and like that guy earlier mentioned, apply to colleges that have a wake team! AZ + FL definitely!
Check on these discussion boards as well for summer wake jobs ie: camps! That way you are staying in school, but could also potentially be spending a significant amount of time at the lake/on the water, learning more about the sport and lifestyle and meeting and talking with other people that are as passionate about riding as you are. The key is education- get one!! You'll need something to fall back on (see david burns' entry)
Basically, if you love something and want to spend your time doing it; do it! Make it happen!
Don't let others put you down for having a dream AND actually talking about it. A lot of people these days don't even go for their dreams, let alone talk about them w/ other people. You're already ahead of the game, man! You have your dream, you've envisioned and verbalized it.....now go for it! What do you have to lose???
Just don't settle....if you want it, go get it! Nobody's going to just give it to you....hard work and perserverence need to be your bro's. Get out there and ride w/ people that are better than you...and do it as much as you can!!! Watch the vid's and dvd's....keep in shape and don't smoke!
And don't forget, if you're on someone elses boat
-chip in for gas
-help prepare AND break-down/clean the boat
-don't hog the good water ;)

Go for it!!!!!

Old     (ridn9high)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-17-2005, 10:26 AM Reply   
No matter what you want to do, GO TO COLLEGE. No matter how much you hate school it will pay off in the long run. A degree puts you ahead of most people. Good luck and I hope you make it happen.

Start working boat shows and helping out at events. Go to a camp 1 or more times a year and get the trainig you need to learn tricks. Learn how to speak in front of crowds and how to represent a company. It's about selling a product and showing off the product in interviews and in photo's. Be yourself when you are talking to Rep's and don't LIE about your bag of tricks. Be respectful in public and always have a smile on your face. They do remember these things. You want to be known for the good you have done not that bad.

I said what I said above because of past experience. Here it is. Since I was 8 I love bass fishing and always wanted to be pro. Watching ever show and fishing every possible moment I could. The love became even greater when I got my license. Fishing 100+ times per year and fishing tournaments was my life. I started doing pretty well and pick up 3 sponsors. I was making a dream come true. I was friends with the pros, fished with them many times and was part of the crew. Then the fun of the sport wasn't there anymore. It wasn't about being on the water, It wasn't about the relaxing anymore. It was more like a job, the stress level became greater and the love of the sport was slowly fading away. I pulled away for the sport so I didn't end up hating it for good. I pulled away fron the sponsors and tournaments and now just fish for fun.

That is the reason for posting tha above statement. Keep your mind clear and when you do make it to the top, remember why you started wakeboading. You didn't start for the popularity or the sponsors and it should never end up like that. Good Luck.

(Message edited by ridn9high on February 17, 2005)
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-17-2005, 11:00 AM Reply   
man, I have been eating and sleeping wakeboarding for 5 years, and I am still not on the pro tour, or the x games. Nor do I feel like I am even close. I got sponsored 3 years ago and still no pro tour. There is only so far that you can go on learned talent. YOU have to have a hefty bag full of natural talent to get your own signature pro model. The one thing that is more true than anything is don't be a KOOK, dont claim any about wakeboarding. Dont rattle off you list of tricks to everyone you meet who rides, and especially not to reps. Let your riding do the talking. Show people how good you are, no body likes a talker. Practice Practice Practice.

Do Contests.
Get to know your local shop.
Practice.
dont be a kook
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-17-2005, 11:30 AM Reply   
Thanks Mom & Dad for the encouragement. My folks always encouraged me & it was up to me to find my path. I too realized, after 4 years of HS sclacking that I indeed needed a degree. A few years of JC & lots of riding & now I've got two quarters of University left & I'll have a BS degree. I've been riding more than ever these past two years. You gotta follow your passion, mine's riding. A few years back I realized that I also loved my girlfriend(that lasted a couple years, haha) & that I need a career that can provide for my future family as well as support my wakeboarding addiction. So I'm getting my degree, getting my financial licenses & eagerly anticipating the future. Your priorities will change as your life experience grows. Make sure you get a degree so that no matter where you end up you always have that "Ace in the hole". Word to your mom....
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-17-2005, 5:14 PM Reply   
Well if you eat and breath wakeboarding, than you probably have a trampoline in your backyard and practice on it 3-4 times a week. Plus you probably put about 1500lbs of water in your boat and own top of the line equipment. Also, you probably ride 3-4 times a week or at least intend to. If you are going to get good, you need to build some air skills (working on the tramp helps and definately keep you in shape). THen you need to ride a LOT in order to perfect your tricks. The trampoline does nothing for you if you aren't working on the same tricks on the water constantly. These are tips to work on your muscle memory and your wakeboarding.

If you want to get sponsored, then you really have to get serious. Yours parents can't help you (except help pay for a decent boat and gas). Those guys don't get good without spending 1000's of hours on the water.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-17-2005, 5:44 PM Reply   
getting sponsored is 60% skill, 40% marketability.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-17-2005, 5:55 PM Reply   
yea true. how often do you see guys who are unheard of who are better than the mainstream guys. In my oppinion, 2 examples of this are steve edwards and sean obrien. Both guys arn't in all the advertisements yet are some really good riders. Then you see some pros who don't have many tricks, but are a big part of the wakeboard scene and do a lot for the wakeboard community; therefore, you hear about them more.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-17-2005, 6:35 PM Reply   
"Occupation: U.S. emissary to Mars

Murrayair, come back to earth, buddy.

Do not confuse pessimism with pragmaticism. I'm sure you are no newbie, but you must realize that there are people on this board who are deep in the industry. I personally know two former world champions who have struggled more recently to make a living in the industry, and many more former pro tour riders who have given up on it entirely because they needed something more solid to pay the bills. Conway's son won worlds this year in Jr. Men (proving grounds for future pros) and Dykmans' son is one of the most recognized riders on the West coast. These fellas damn well know what they are talking about, and they have the adult perspective to back it up. Sure, some of the later posts may have gotten a bit blunt, but I saw nothing that was particularly inaccurate. There has been a great deal of excellent advice provided to our enthusiastic young rider. This kid asked a question and he got many good answers. Sorry if these responses were not to your liking, but they represent reality. I feel it is great to be optimistic, and 14-year-olds should have dreams (as should 19-year-olds and 37-year-olds), but please don't get all bent out of shape when people provide honest answers to this kid's question.
Old    murrayair            02-17-2005, 9:40 PM Reply   
Doc- Point taken. I didnt mean to be unnecessarily hard on people. I'm sorry if it came off that way.
Old    stevo_wsr            02-17-2005, 9:56 PM Reply   
im doing the same thing kid im 16 i live in california and when i graduate next year im moving to flordia tons of people ask me hey what you doing after high school i say moving to flordia and im gunna wakeboard and see where it takes me and they just laufgh but im gunna be laughing when they are still in the same ole town doning the same damn thing every weekend while there wishing they had a dream. i dont know if going down there is gunna help me or not but im gunna take the risk by myself when my parents are gunna be all the way across the united states. so just do it dude old uncle stevo is.
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-17-2005, 11:05 PM Reply   
Steven...Do yourself a favor and go to school in Florida. Don't just go there for wakeboarding. Like i said in my previous post I know a few people who have done that, they are riding the pro tour...but they are dirt poor. Like everyone else has said, later on you can't earn a living on wakeboarding alone.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-17-2005, 11:39 PM Reply   
may want to have a plan b...here is something to think about.

- become a educated person wether college or not( college does help)... it helps with a great job if needed. but education and intelligence will take you really far in life.

-great job or own business

-make enough money so you can live where you want and have enough time to wakeboard as much as you want and go pro if you want

- the big thing is have enough time to do what you want
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       02-18-2005, 12:40 AM Reply   
Take Mike's advice, he's got this one nailed... Never before have I seen someone with that much freedom, and comfortablility. I'm beginning to think that he spends more time at the lake than anywhere else... What a life! Not to mention his pad... Lets just say, it's not your average mobile home.

So Mike, does this mean your headed to the pros?

-Blake
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-18-2005, 5:25 AM Reply   
LOL !!!!

i dont have enough time...i am away 5 nites this week and no chance to ride (xcept wed)...(there are months where i am gone 2-3 weeks straight..)..

the ultimate would be 3 day work week and the rest off or the european pace (everyone takes the afternoon off)- as americans we kill ourselves on the 50-80 hour work week (that is where you dont want to be)....
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-18-2005, 7:58 AM Reply   
There is no money in this business. Out of the top 40 guys that qualified for the tour last year, I would venture to say that 30 of them made less than $36,000 and out of that 30, 20 of them made less than $15,000. All the guys I know that ride on the tour work a job, go to school, or own a small business. Besides the top 10 riders that is. These guys ride and are sponsored as a part of their lifestyle. Most of them are aware that wakeboarding will not pay the bills, but sponsorship and competing will afford them the ability to continue riding with new equipment and a few good trips a year. "ALL" of them have other aspirations and are working to accomplish their goals. Wakeboarding is just a way of life to them as it is for all of us here.

Don't let these over 30, married with children, keyboard jockeying, unhappy 9 to 5ers quash your dreams. Find a job that you love and you'll never work a day in your life. Ride for the love of the sport and if you really have what it takes, then sponsors will seek you out. Ride in your local INT's go to Nationals in Indy. But most importantly have fun doing it.
Old    sketcher            02-18-2005, 8:05 AM Reply   
Hey, I'm 38 and I am planning on turning pro someday! Hold on to the dream.
Old     (p_b_parks)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-18-2005, 9:16 AM Reply   
thanx for all the really great posts. to answer some of the questions im 15 I live in Ontario, Canada right now i'm going to a private high school called CHAT Community Hebrew Academy of Toronto. I was planning working my hardest in school and then at the end of highschool seeing where I am. My family is very tight knit they dont want me going far for university and my dad wants me to be a doctor and im looking into either being a lawyer or orthodontist (im not to good in science tho) but i hav a 92 avg in law so wat do u guys think could i do both law and be a wakeboarder. Also for people who said I should go for summer jobs, working saturday's conflicts with my religious beleifs because it is the shabbath. and all summer wakeboarding jobs require 1)to work on saturday 2)to be older than 16.....so there is a dilema but i try to ride as much as possible this year im starting in may and then im going to my (rented) cottage for 2 weeks and im trying to go to both my best friends cottages for 2 weeks (i was invited)but then again my friends do not keep shabbat so it will be hard to do it at their cottages. but that would be really good, and i ride every weekend during the summer, may-october.

And i have a question i dont really understand this college wakeboarding thing i read the article on the home-page but i still dont understand is it a course?
Peace Out!
Adam
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-18-2005, 11:05 AM Reply   
Name this movie Movie "I don't roll on the Shabbath!!!"

College wakeboarding is all about hooking up with a bunch of people that have the same interests as you. Some places have wakeboarding classes but I guarantee you will have to get out of Canada for that! Basically it's about kids(18-24 year olds) having too much free time & keys to daddys boat. Check out the link to my schools club in my profile, that's what college wakeboarding is about.
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-18-2005, 1:09 PM Reply   
It'll never happen. You've already asked the question which means there is already too much between you and your 'goal'. Parks never asked it, he just did it. I know that sounds mean spirited but it's realistic. Do it for the love, not the money.

Do I need to quote 'Brink' here? "Soul skater"
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-18-2005, 5:07 PM Reply   
maybe Adam doesn't understand what is between him and his dream (or what his dream consists of). that is why he started this thread.

Adam- the BS comments are coming from a UPS man and someone who said they wanted to have $10 mill in debt when they die. so take their words with a grain of salt.

If its truely a dream - make it happen. You have time. But, there is a lot of truth here when it comes to earning a living from a sport that you love. It happened to me - twice.

leo's got some good points on working it hard. like 5-6 hours a day. If you still love it, you may have it. everyone that mentioned a degree or a plan b has it right. work your ass off and see how far it takes you. but you have to think about injuries. to me, this is your biggest threat. and college will give you plenty of time to ride.

Its about pushing yourself hard enough to become what you want. and if it doesn't work out, go from there (WITH a backup plan). But, if you ever stop having fun, your drive will evaporate immediately.
peace
Old     (jlembas)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-18-2005, 8:40 PM Reply   
Hiltscherhitlerberger,

Dang, probably one of the best movies ever. I'll just drop a hint for the others. You would make the "Dude" proud. I still use quotes from that movie all the time.

Adam, it sounds like your parents don't support this dream all that much (sorry if I'm wrong....didn't read all the posts). That sucks. Anyway, Steven Hahn is right. Not a lot of money in this industry. However, if it is your dream you can make things happen. You don't have to be the best rider, you just need to understand the business and use that to your advantage.

JLembas
Fluid Concepts
www.fluidconcepts.net
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-18-2005, 9:04 PM Reply   
"Not on the rug!" " That rug really tied the room together."
Adam,
Just ride and don't worry about it. If it's meant to happen, you'll know. Until then just ride and have fun.
I second eveyone that said to go to school and get into a career you can fall back on or one that will keep you involved in the industry if you can't make it as a rider.
www.azwakesports.com
www.pendelum.com
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-19-2005, 2:11 AM Reply   
Hmm was the movie "the Big Lowbowski"???

dude at 15 life is wide open for you,go for it !!

i think lkiving in Canada will hold you back,weather isnt condusive to a Pro Wakeboard Career..

Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-19-2005, 6:02 PM Reply   
So, I have read this entire thread yet not a single person can give real earnings these wakeboarders make. I see conjecture of possibly 15-35K for top riders, but no real numbers. I have a 16 year old son that lives wakeboarding. He seems to think that just getting sponsored will provide a living in wakeboarding. As a parent, I liken this to the skateboard idiots who think that's a career for the masses. Aren't there any real live wakeboard pros that can weigh in here with some real numbers? For example, how much does Parks Bonifay make? How much do the lower level pros make. Wakeworld, how about some real answers???
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       02-20-2005, 8:01 AM Reply   
who actually wants to post their financial status on some website chatroom? would u? we've all heard the rumors about a few big names making over six figures. are the rumors true? who cares? its really none of our business. until sportscenter starts broadcasting new contracts for riders like they do other athletes we'll never know the truth. if u want to go pro, then bust your butt to get better & have a blast. odds are you'll never make it but atleast you can say u tried your best. i'd love to make the pga tour---it'll never happen but i still love playing.
i say go for it! if u dont make it, no problem.... you're back here with the rest of us who just love to ride & have a great time.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-20-2005, 10:42 AM Reply   
I really think people just ride as much as possible no matter what boat or equipment. If someone in 'the know' happens to see you, then let him decide whether you are pro material. Until then, ride like there is no tomorrow, because pro status means nothing if you are riding just to be called a 'pro'. Are you really having fun if you are riding for money? Unfortunately you don't make money on the basis of having fun.
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-20-2005, 11:45 AM Reply   
Solo is right he is also involved in the industry, the top pros make good money the top three make great money the rest of the top 100 make enough to live the lifestyle we all want, help from additional sponcors does make a difference. But heed his words THERE IS NO MONAY IN WAKEBOARDING excluding the Kent monopoly companys make enough each year to make the next years line up. Some of you need to chill on your assumptions. And as far as following your dreams if its PRO then be ready it's a long hard road nowadays but even if your riding is avarage your personality most be PROFESSIONAL. Good Luck
itch
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-21-2005, 2:10 PM Reply   
Nacho, The best of the best of the best are making a gracious living wakeboarding. The rest of us are paying their way by purchasing boards, bindings, boats, etc. So here come WakeExtreme; he tries it and, just like all of us, loves it! It great to have dreams and follow them, but here's a reality check. There is no way this kid is at the top of the list, or anywhere near it. You're telling this kid he can be Parks. Take this BS from a UPS man, who makes enough to enjoy weekends with the family on/in the lake.
BTW, You're trying to indicate that a UPS guy has no valid thought process, no input or positive impact? That's questionable, at best.
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-21-2005, 6:39 PM Reply   
sorry bro, no money in the industry. unless you are at the very top top. small sport, small amount of money.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-22-2005, 1:59 PM Reply   
You have to do it for the love, end of story.
Old     (leinad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-22-2005, 3:40 PM Reply   
Yeah right Couch I heard you were pulling in six figures and you get a free truck and boat every year. Jared is just hogging all the money wakeboarding has to offer! Lets go ride it is supposed to clear this weekend, im getting tired of the great surf.
Old     (garrett_cortese)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-22-2005, 3:56 PM Reply   
Seriously, Rod... share some of the flippin' wakeboarding money. I could totally be making some sweet moolah if it wasn't for your stingy attitude.

And Dr. Doud, if you guys ride this weekend, I might just kill myself. Michigan is so frickin cold. Only a 10 weeks or so till I get to come back to Cali...
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-22-2005, 6:16 PM Reply   
Garrett, 10 weeks from now maybe our dang backwater will be open!!
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-22-2005, 6:46 PM Reply   
Garrett, what are you doing in Michigan? School? Been there done that. I am stuck up in Monterey right now. Maybe couch will be nice and give me a pull at Naci. Take care guys.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-23-2005, 12:35 PM Reply   
The Rod had an invite for this Sunday but he was too busy spending all that wakeboard money, isn't that right Loveseat? Daniel, give me a call, we are gonna start riding with more frequency. Bennett, it's not my boat, but I'm sure you will be welcome to ride.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-23-2005, 12:38 PM Reply   
Good deal. Rod, stop spending your money on tie-die spandex to wakeboard in. Anyways, maybe next time I can get Doud to session. Garrett you were on the VLX when Murphy and Aubrey were riding doubles right? That was laughs.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-23-2005, 2:30 PM Reply   
Bruce,
my apologies. I have nothing against what puts bread on your table. I guess I was a little tired of hearing the same ol' crap being fed to our buddy WakeXtreme.
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-23-2005, 4:35 PM Reply   
ok ok, i admitt that I am making more money than most. I have to give my credit to "The Sea Of" you know who you are. Since the pic, I have been rolling in the Benjamins like none other. And the doctor, tired of the good surf, man oh man. Yes we do need to ride. Bennet, I have been unable to take my boat out for awile, but stay posted and we will ride soon. hilsfedterter, stay cool.
Old     (afrodeziak)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-01-2005, 1:48 PM Reply   
My advice schoolwise... Mybackground. I am 22 and have been boarding for the past 7 years or so.

Anywho I was great with math, computers and science when I was in High school. I figured since this is what I was good at, I would do the same in school. I applied into Computer Science (mainly math and programming). It was the biggest mistake. So I switched to a program of business and computers. Something more practical. I enjoy it, but feel that if given more time to figure my life out I would have chosen a different path. (For the older people reading this, I do realize that because of what I have a degree in, it doesn't mean that's what I will do all of my life).

Anyways.. moral of the story... don't do what you're good at, do what you are passionate about. I have no passion of computers and technology (in a workplace setting). Only as a hobby.

(im studying for computer tests at the moment, how can you tell :-)