Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-18-2003, 2:32 PM Reply   
I used a heat gun to remove the water intake to my engine. The water intake is a scoop strainer type. Some people call them scuppers. Anyway, I used a heat gun and the hose twisted right off very easily. I then put a banjo T on it and used a pvc irrigation shutoff ball valve just for safety. I used rector seal on all the fittings (all the way to the sac) to assure no leaks.

I then ran two 10 gauge cables down the side wall behind the apholstery. I got a DPDT 3 position switch. I wired the top positive and the bottom negative together and ran it to one line and vice versa to the other. I doubled up on the hose where it might rub on my engine mount.

I then ran the hose over to the storage area to the left of my engine to the pump.

I need to clean up all of my mess but here is the pump. It is a simer reversible pump. I put it in a small battery box and cut the side out. This will keep towels and other such items off of it and keep it clear for ventilation also. I put the box on the floor next to the small step where my main battery is.

The sac I used was a 700 lb Lets go ride sac. Very, very nice. I highly recommend these sacs. I used a flow-rite quick release in case I need to take the sac out. I broke the male portion of the flow rite barb and am re-ordering another one right now. I also ordered the sac with 1 inch nozzles so as to have less restriction when the water makes the right angle into the sac. I also ordered the sac with 3 holes in case I want to change something later and just capped off one hole. I did not want to drill another hole so I used a hose that will be attatched on the bare barb in the pic. It will be up in the bow and serve as the overflow/burp line. I will just lay the hose out on the floor just out of the opening. When water comes out I will just turn off the small hose ball valve on it and tuck it back into the locker opening.

I still need to put a couple more conduit holders on the hose to clean thins up but there you have it. 700 pounds auto ballast very easy.