Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Kyson)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-10-2013, 1:10 PM Reply   
Just sold my last boat this past weekend, and looking to quickly purchase a late model wakeboat.

I've done a lot of research over the past few weeks and have arrived at an Axis A22 Recon as a leading choice.

Of course every brand of dealer dogs every other brand so I'm trying to discount the various things I'm hearing daily from dealers.

Leading questions - it doesn't seem like you can negotiate much off new boats - is it still too early in the season? I'm reading of folks on here buying new A22s moderately equipped in the low 50s, but I'm seeing moderately to well equipped A22s (recon or not) 10k north of there. I'm not opposed to a used late model something else but want a modern look, 10-14 person capacity, real world usefulness and a solid boat without flex, creaks or drama. Primarily use will be a weekend recreational board and surf boat for teenage kids and friends. I'd love to spend 45-55k but can stretch to 65k (A22 recon territory) but definitely want the best bang for buck if headed there.

Ideas from folks who actually use these boats would sure be valued, and particularly anything useful from Axis owners. I understand the slight improvements to the '13, love the look of these boats and will be driving one this weekend. Are they problematic in any serious ways? The Tige dealer told me to avoid them because of thin fiberglass shell and resultant flexiness ("just walk up to one and push in on the side or move the throttle side to side and watch the hull flex"). I've read nothing but good from a mechanical perspective with the negatives being personal observations of rear storage layout, etc. Also getting some strong feedback from the Moomba dealer on the new Mojo 2.5 though that boat is more conservatively styled for certain.

Anyway, apologies for the long first post and thanks in advance for any commentary on best way and time to buy, used alternatives in pricepoint and observed quality and usefulness of the A22 and its competitors.