Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-12-2010, 3:28 PM Reply   
Boat: 03 Mobius LSV

disclaimer: complete ballast newb here....

ok here the problem. when im driving my ballast bags will slowely fill(not all the way). like the valves are not sealing and the boats speed is forcing water into the system and into the bags. also once there full (via the pumps) they also leak out threw the hoses. ie again like the valves arent sealing and alowing the water to slowely seep out.

to solve this i drive with this manual master valve closed so the bags dont fill. (brass fitting is the single threw hull inlet for the ballast, then goes threw the manual valve (red handle), threw what i assume is a filter then branches off to the 3 valves and to the bags)

when i want to fill them i open the manual master valve, fill them with the pumps, then close the valve(after turning off pumps of course) to prevent the bags from slowely draining. works well. i but i have to keep removing the rear seat each time for access. sucks.

SO how do i fix this? are the valves not sealing? any thing i can do to make it better? or can they be rebuilt or replaced? advice?
heres what they look like (front one was easiest to take pic of)

i assume thats a electronic valve? is it also a pump?

on a side subject i need a ballast system lesson, i cant find any pumps anywhere... the only "pump like" unit i can find is on the empty side of the locker bag. cant find any pumps for the "in" side of any of the bags. but the rear bag hoses go beside the motor out of site for 3 feet so they could be there.

so are there seperate valves, inlet pump, and outlet pumps? or are these all one unit?

and what can i do about my leaky valves?