Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-23-2011, 9:34 PM Reply   
Im sure this topic has been beat to hell but I have not seen much lately. I am looking to improve from a novice wakeboarder that is just starting to learn to pop off the wake to someone that can do some surface 180's, air 180's and wake to wake jumps. I am in Kansas so either coast is an option, although Texas would be real close. Anyone have any suggestions on where I could get some quality wakeboarding instruction to help me properly advance?

Thanks!
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-24-2011, 6:02 AM Reply   
In my opinion....hands down McElhinney Wakeboard School in Sequin Texas (Between San Antonio and New Braunfels). He teaches you all about how to really ride (importance of rope tension, body position...etc). Changed my riding.

http://themcelhinneywakeboardschool.com/
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-24-2011, 7:49 AM Reply   
=1 for McElhinney Excellent teachers.Also Adam FIELDS in NC at lake Gaston.KYLE SCHMIDT at the wakeboard camp in clermont fla.Shaun Murray at the boarding school at the projects in fla.I'M sure there are others that are good ,but i haven't been or heard any feedback.
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-24-2011, 7:52 AM Reply   
The boarding school in orlando is the awesome. I just got done with a week there and learned a lot. I learned raleys, back rolls, hs fs 3s, ts and fs 180.
I know its far away but there were guys from new jersey, cali and tx there. Plus travis just got a 011 xstar.
http://www.theboardingschool.com/
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-24-2011, 7:56 AM Reply   
I haven't been to The Boarding School (Orlando) http://www.theboardingschool.com/ but I took a lesson from Jeff Langley (one of the instructors from Boarding School) and he was a good teacher. Learned alot as well.

But you asked for Kansas or Texas, that's why I highly recommended McElhinney Wakeboard School
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2011, 9:42 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone. Audrey, I will take a look at Texas...thats only about an 8 hour drive for me so its handy!
Old     (do420jc)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-25-2011, 1:01 AM Reply   
+1 for McElhinney Wakeboard School. Hard to beat for the money. Excellent instruction. You will not leave wishing you rode more. Pat has it down to a science. Highly suggest you take a look.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-25-2011, 1:00 PM Reply   
Check out Sasser Wakeboard School at Texas Mastercraft (www.wakeboardinglessons.com). Brian Sasser is one of the best coaches in Texas, if not the country and has been coaching for 16 years now. We have a 2011 MasterCraft X-Star on the same private lake that hosts the Pro Tour each year and a System 2.0 cable system with four obstacles. We are located on a private lake so you'll be the only boat out there all day and there is a full pro shop on site. There are several camp options still available in August and private lessons are always available. Check us out and let me know if you have any questions. Not a bad drive down I-35 from Kansas.