Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jyoungusa)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-16-2011, 4:53 AM Reply   
Many of you are too young to remember the Fonz jumping the shark on Happy Days; but this seems to rank right up there with in the "Things Stupid People Do" list

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03...-wakeboarder/#
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-16-2011, 6:13 AM Reply   
so if i go wakeboarding in orlando, fall and get bit by a gator, would i make the "things stupid people do" list?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-16-2011, 7:17 AM Reply   
So what did she do wrong?

Hope shes doing alright. That sounds scary
Old     (jyoungusa)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-16-2011, 8:19 AM Reply   
No she didn't do anything wrong, and since I haven't been to Australia - dont know what the options or conditions are - but I wouldnt ride in the gator filled canal that was on the forum a few months ago either
Old     (greenbass86)      Join Date: May 2010       03-16-2011, 9:09 AM Reply   
Hope she is doing okay, it always sucks to hear about things like this, no matter how rare or often
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-16-2011, 9:13 AM Reply   
wait, she's stupid because she was wakeboarding in an area where there are sharks, an area called the ocean? really? Where does it say anywhere in that story that there was a shark problem in the area? nowhere. It sounds like an incredibly unfortunate incident akin to a surfer getting attacked, and has nothing to do with being stupid. think a little bit before making a statement like that. it makes you sound like an *******.

I hope she's able to recover soon.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-16-2011, 9:34 AM Reply   
I could understand if someone was to go do a doubble up contest off the Farralon Islands while Great White mating season is in full effect , Yea that would go under the Things Stupid People Do" list.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-16-2011, 2:11 PM Reply   
being any where near foxnews.com counts as a stupid things people do, right?
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       03-16-2011, 5:30 PM Reply   
That's very unfortunate. Things happen, such is life. Without any more info I certainly wouldn't berate her for being stupid. For those with gator comments... Personally I wouldn't want to ride in fresh water in FL. I dislike giant prehistoric man eating beasts. I've been toying with the idea of relocating farther south at some point but FL is out due to gators and I don't want to deal with riding salt water to stay away from them. I have friends in FL that say I'm crazy, and they ride in fresh water all the time and rarely even see gators.

I'll probably wind up in either SC or NC eventually. Fewer gators so better odds of not being eaten. We all take risks and sometimes it's just a calculated risk to either go out and have fun with some small chance of something bad happening or stay inside and be safe from the big scary world outside.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-17-2011, 5:42 AM Reply   
^The biggest gator I have ever seen in my life was at Paris Island Golf Course in SC. That thing was about 14 ft long just chillin next to a pond.