Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (vlxwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-30-2009, 8:41 PM Reply   
Just read on chad sharpe's blog that he crashed weird on a backside 5 and was left numb. No jacket and was close to a bad outcome. Everyone should read.

www.chadsharpe.blogspot.com
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-30-2009, 9:03 PM Reply   
Glad that everything came out ok. I am also glad that he posted that up. I guess I have seen too much, but I am definitely all about enjoying the sport safely. I can remember when Murray talked about getting knocked out cold and that is when I switched from a non USCG to a USCG. I don't require USCG's behind my boat, but you do have to wear a vest.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-30-2009, 9:15 PM Reply   
He came on here and posted the exact same thing a couple of days ago. It's great to see pro's showing theirs support for wearing life jackets. But I'm afraid his message is going to fall deaf on those ears that need to hear it the most. What a lot of people fail to realize is that it only takes one time and that's it. Sometimes your lucky and others your not.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/753474.html?1262113315
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-31-2009, 2:55 AM Reply   
Definitely a very very very scary story and situation. I now am going to wear two uscg vests incase I take a bad fall and one gets ripped off. Everyone on my boat will be required to do the same.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-31-2009, 9:15 AM Reply   
it's true... 99% of the time you are safe... it's that one in a million chance you'll be thankful

Glad we have Chad still around
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       12-31-2009, 1:01 PM Reply   
You are going to wear two vest's at the same time? Good luck moving.
Old     (an_d)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-31-2009, 5:06 PM Reply   
Think hes just kidding John.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-31-2009, 5:07 PM Reply   
John...sarcasm lol I'm one of the ones who will only wear a non cga
Old     (mcmichael13)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-05-2010, 3:19 PM Reply   
just last week i was knocked unconscious when my face hit the water at about 45 mph. we were turning around and i was edging out toe edge, whipping pretty fast, when i caught my edge somehow and went face first into the water at the peak of the turn around. left me with a concussion, unconscious, nose bleeding, and my lip ripped from where it attaches to the gum. I was wearing a non-coastie, but it still kept me a float while my friends came back and pulled me out of the water. I dont remember any of it happening, and when i came to on the boat, they had to convince me i was in fact wakeboarding. pretty scary, but we have never, and will never consider wakeboarding without some sort of life jacket on.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-05-2010, 3:57 PM Reply   
That was the post I was waiting for, thanks kyle :-)
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-06-2010, 6:35 AM Reply   
I have been knocked out cold face down before. Ended up with a concussion and a very sore neck and back. It happened 15 years ago when I caught a toe on a raley. I am just glad that the boat got back to me quickly. It definitly is scary. I would of been dead without a vest. The water is dark and if you were 4 feet underwater, no one would find you before you drowned.