Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-23-2010, 4:50 PM Reply   
What the heck?? Is it like life imitating art I don't understand. The olympic ice skaters outfits are so how can I say it??? mabey its best I dont. Let me just first say I don't watch ICE Dancing but its like NBC wants you to watch it weather you want to or not. It was on the TV last night and I couldn't help but laugh at it. It was like a car crash I wanted to turn away but couldn't help think about the movie "Blades of Glory"

What was the move the Iron Lotus???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5O7JnmUbFw
Upload
Upload
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/gallery/2010/02/19/GA2010021904492.html
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       02-23-2010, 4:59 PM Reply   
so true.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       02-23-2010, 6:12 PM Reply   
its soooooo GAY. Was that the word you were looking for G. haha
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-23-2010, 6:34 PM Reply   
yeah but tanith belbin is so effing hot!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-23-2010, 6:50 PM Reply   
Taylor: Yes that the word I was looking for.
http://news.pinkpaper.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=2439
Upload
http://tv.gawker.com/5477862/shaun-white-talks-olympic-fashion-mocks-figure-skaters-on-the-colbert-report
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       02-23-2010, 8:36 PM Reply   
^ LMAO,.... and he was reppin the US... sounds about right these days lol
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-23-2010, 9:13 PM Reply   
Speaking of Iron Lotus, they have been playing footage of the Canadian pairs team who had an accident in 2007. They were doing those one footed spins, got too close, and the guy tagged the chick in the face with his blade. She ended up getting 80 stitches across her cheek and nose, and they were back training in a couple weeks. Just nuts. Blood everywhere, and you could see her cheek had kinda pulled up. So Iron Lotus that Will Farrell.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-24-2010, 3:08 AM Reply   
Did Anyone see the Mike Queer I mean Weir interview on NBC where he takes the main announcer shopping in NYC. He doesn't even carry a murse, it's a strait up purse.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-24-2010, 12:23 PM Reply   
Dood... purse, that's nothing. I saw a poster where he's wearing high heals and tights.

I think he's skating in the wrong division. Should probably be squaring off with the ladies.

I'm not much of a fan of ice skating. I think it ranks right above curling, but those guys/girls must have taken some gnarly falls to get as good as they are. Imagine catching an edge and getting rock hard ice to the back of your melon. Ouch!
Old     (whitewookie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-24-2010, 1:16 PM Reply   
Kyle, I think you mean Johnny Weir. I'm pretty sure that Mike Weir (the golfer) doesn't carry a purse.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-24-2010, 4:48 PM Reply   
My wife is an ex-competitive skater of 12+ years. She lived the lifestyle, grew up on the ice, modified school schedule, traveling, trained with Tanya, Rudy, a lot of the big names. So....needless to say, I have to watch some of it.

It hard to appreciate without understanding the details. They're judged on things that most of us can't see. Very technical. I learned to enjoy some of it.

You gotta hand it to them for the falls they take.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-24-2010, 7:31 PM Reply   
So many of the guys seem fem in skating but when you see some of the bad falls they take it like men.
What was that movie where that guy played hockey but got injured so he switched to figure skating and was paired with some hot spoiled rich hot chick? That movie at least made the sport seem OK.
LOL my wife was watching me type this- The Cutting Edge is it.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-24-2010, 8:01 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=457N1m4oUZw
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-25-2010, 6:52 AM Reply   
"So many of the guys seem fem in skating"

Because they are!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-25-2010, 9:19 AM Reply   
Rick - The Cutting Edge, it is. LOVE that movie!
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-25-2010, 5:22 PM Reply   
Hey Jarrod just trying not to offend anyone! But you said it for me.