Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (trob)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
Hey,

i am looking to buy a used boat...
Can someone tell me the difference b/w a super air nautique 210 and a super sport. Are the graphics packages different to be able to spot which boat it is?
I am looking at a picture, and the boat says super air nautique on the side, but the dealer is listing it as a super sport??

any help on the differences is much appreciated, Thanks!
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-10-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
pretty much just,ballest tanks and a tower
Old     (trob)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2007, 5:23 PM Reply   
I have now seen what i think is the same model boat, with the same graphics on the side, both saying super air nautique, both withOUT wrap around seating in a v-drive, and both with towers - but one is listed as a super air nautique and the other as a super sport. One boat has ballast, the other does not... and the one without ballast is asking for more $$.

The one listed as a super sport is listed by a correct craft dealer... i may have to ask them, but i wanted to educate myself a little first.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
Your capacity plate should say Super Sport Nautique as well.
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-10-2007, 5:53 PM Reply   
Yes, the capacity plate on both the Super Air and the Super Sport will both say Super Sport. The Super Air will have the factory ballast (you'll see the vent knobs beside the drivers seat, a Super Sport will not have these) and a tower, as 882001 stated. The full wrap around seating (i.e. the seating came all the way around to the back of the driver's seat) went away after 2000. The Super Air should be a little more expensive than the Super Sport given that the year and condition are the same.
Old     (trob)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2007, 7:08 PM Reply   
the super air is listed at 29,900, and the super sport at 32,500!?? (little to no extras on the super sport... over-priced correct?) The dealer selling the super sport also has a sport nautique i think is over priced as well.

the seating in both is the same as a direct drive... i don't get that... why not put side seating, at least on the non-driver side??

Are the hulls the same on the super air & super sport... just a matter of ballast?

thanks for the help thus far!!!

(Message edited by trob on July 10, 2007)
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-10-2007, 7:18 PM Reply   
the hulls are exactly the same
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-11-2007, 7:20 PM Reply   
Same hull, tower and ballast just aren't stock, and i believe the cupholders are in different positions
Old    alanp            07-11-2007, 8:47 PM Reply   
t.rob i paid 18,500 for my 95 supersport. came with ballast, tower and $6000 in receipts for a total engine rebuild that only had a lake test on it when i bought it. the boat was also in great shape.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-12-2007, 12:02 PM Reply   
Our 95' Supersport had 350 hours, a new engine at 300 hours (guy cracked the block and replaced the whole things) for 18,000.... then around 4k in tower, ballast, speakers amps etc. etc., and prop so we pretty much have a SAN for 22k and only 390 hours now