Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    ponchevez            07-04-2003, 5:27 PM Reply   

I dont have PP is that really something I need? pros & cons ... anyone?
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-04-2003, 5:52 PM Reply   
It's such a must have i would never buy a boat without it. You will feel the same way if you ever get it or ever drive a boat with it
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-04-2003, 8:18 PM Reply   
If I were given the choice between a tower and a PP, I would take the PP, no doubt about it.
I will never own another boat without one either..

B-
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       07-04-2003, 8:59 PM Reply   
Yes.
Old    vandal            07-04-2003, 9:35 PM Reply   
at first I thought "how good can it really be?". you quickly find out................it is a must have. In my opinion, probably one of the most useful boat innovations in recent history.
Old    grantmi1            07-05-2003, 1:18 PM Reply   
Serious, I need to hear it from more people. Tell me how it is so worth it. Is it because after a turn you are still going same speed? Is it great because you get to speed quickly? Or is it because that once you load your boat up it is harder to maintain speed unless you have Perfect pass?
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-05-2003, 2:11 PM Reply   
It makes ALMOST anyone a perfect driver. PP is worth every penny you pay for it. I find it comes in especially handy on double ups. I love it for the busy days on the lake when you're watching other boats and other riders and you don't have to worry about your speed. You can sit and talk to everyone in the boat, turn around watch the rider, talk on the phone, change CD's whatever. It makes driving easy.

Sometimes I sit and ponder how many marriages Perfect Pass has saved.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-05-2003, 10:21 PM Reply   
It does 2 things for me - it means I get a solid pull from anyone that I trust to drive the boat, and it makes driving the boat much less stressful (actually relaxing). I've been doing a ton of wakesurfing lately and it would be about impossible to keep the speed steady within 1/4 mph without PP. The only time it's turned off is when I'm driving fast from a ride spot to the dock.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-06-2003, 12:28 PM Reply   
For my family it is not only a great stress reliever but also a safety issue. we are on the delta so there are many things you have to pay attention to and by eliminating the need to worry about speed it gives you that much more time and energy to focus on other things like the rider in front of you and the one you're pulling.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-06-2003, 10:01 PM Reply   
If you wakeboard it is a definite yes, ive got one on an I/O even. I bet my perfect pass can keep speed better then you or i can?
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-07-2003, 9:42 AM Reply   
My dad says he doesnt want to waste money on an expensive cruise control. He even wont let me buy it w/ my own money. "it is 1/4 the value of the boat"
Old    oldschool            07-07-2003, 11:00 AM Reply   
Waste of money.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-07-2003, 11:29 AM Reply   
You don't have to have PP if you have good drivers in your crew.
True, it's nice for the driver so he can concentrate on other things.
True, it's almost required for good wakesurfing.
True, it's probably saved many a marriage (that's some funny chit Dogg).
However, you can have great pulls w/o PP if you have great drivers.
Even the best drivers slip up occasionally, so if you're looking for a flawless competition style pull every time out - get it and hopefully your driver can learn to use it and deliver.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       07-07-2003, 12:29 PM Reply   
I found for larger people, especially ones that edge aggresivly "I am 6'3" 220" It is even more critical. The driver has to be that much better to come close to PP's performance. I have not found one yet to even get close on a pass, compared to my PP. Mine was broken for a few weeks, and I missed it dearly, rode with it again for the first time last weekend and my riding improved 100%!! Thank you Perfect Pass!!!!

Old    grantmi1            07-07-2003, 12:33 PM Reply   
Could you guys start a donation basket and contribute to it so I could get PP, it would save my marriage, tear tear. Continues crying, looks around to see if anyone notices.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-07-2003, 12:48 PM Reply   
Bwuhahahahahhaha!
Priceless!
Old    ponchevez            07-07-2003, 3:38 PM Reply   

Which one is recomend for wakeboarding? Wakebaord pro, digital Pro, wakebaordCruise, etc.

What are the diferences?

Also, Is it hard to install, I live in Mexico and dont have a way to take my boat to the USA again. Wait for your replys, and thank for all the good info.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       07-07-2003, 3:55 PM Reply   
We have Wakeboard Cruise, when I bought it, the sales person said it's basically the same as Wakeboard Pro. But $500 or $600 difference. I am not sure of the extra benefits of the pro version, but for us, the cruise works great!