Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-24-2009, 4:34 PM Reply   
Dropped my boat in the Willamette on Friday for a quick test of the new prop before Memorial Day. I brought along a buddy and he took this video.

No riders... just empty wakes. But still fun.

Click HD and Full Screen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v651LFNUPCk

(Message edited by ixfe on May 24, 2009)
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       05-24-2009, 6:11 PM Reply   
Great Vid, I cant wait to see it out this summer.
BTW I tried to get all my drool off of it at the Portland boat show. Sorry if I missed any.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-24-2009, 7:02 PM Reply   
Thats a nice stock wakeboard and wakesurf wake. It may be the best stock wake available today. The boat is beautiful too. Lets see some wakeboarding next!
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-24-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
that was a nice looking wake with 1800 and 2 people. with another 1500 lbs or so that wake would be mackin.

never ridden behind the b53, that made me want to try it.
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-24-2009, 10:34 PM Reply   
That was very cool. I don't have a wakeboard boat so that was a nice incentive. I have a 27 foot Crownline, but the auto ballast and the perfect pass would be a really big improvement.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-25-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
IMO, the unloaded MB TWB wake actually looks better than the 2009 BU VLX stock wake with full ballast and wedge.

BTW, later this week, I hope to try the MB with some added ballast just to see how it responds to another 400 lbs or so.

If I get an MB it will be very similar to yours. An all white exterior plus whites/greys inside. Do you like the light grey as the primary color vs the compliment color? Also, do you like the different accent1/accent2 colors vs making them the same dark grey? Could you tell me the exact colors you have for primary/compliment/accent1/accent2/piping? Thanks!
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-25-2009, 9:42 PM Reply   
GD... you are thinking colors??? That means things are getting serious!

I love the white exterior. I am all about low maintenance. White stuff just stays looking good and doesn't show scratches or swirls like dark colors.

I love the color scheme of my interior.

Base - Gray (smooth texture)
Complement - White (weave texture)
Accent 1 - Black (weave texture)
Accent 2 - Gray (smooth texture, darker than the base)
Piping - Black

Yes, I like having gray as the primary color. The white complementary vinyl has a cool weave pattern to it... almost like carbon fiber. Same texture on the black accent 2. See pic of driver seat to see what I mean.

I also like having the powder coated tower... gives a custom look and is super easy to wipe clean. Today I found myself wondering about re-doing it in black... might look hawt!

Here are two shots of my interior. Also a bonus pic from today at Foster Lake in Sweet Home, OR.

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-25-2009, 9:50 PM Reply   
Hey GD... I was just thinking. If you like white, you know what would look killer?

Imagine this with a black powdercoated tower!

Upload