Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-25-2011, 5:44 PM Reply   
Hi, i am going down to Fort Lauderdale, Miami area for two week next week, and i want to know if there is good local shops to buy gear down there ? i am looking in a good wakesurf ? my interest is in a Phase 5 Danielo XXL some of you know some good stores in south florida ??

thanks
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-25-2011, 6:04 PM Reply   
Isn't Performance around there?
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-25-2011, 6:06 PM Reply   
ehhhh we really don't have any good shops down here. There is Tommy's Surf and Slalom but it is in Lantana which is pretty far from you. There is Miami Ski Nautique which has gear too, but I've never been there, but they sponsor some of the local shredders. I would definitely check out Ski Rixen in Deerfield Beach to shred some cable. What on earth is a phase 5 Danielo? Island Watersports in Deerfield Beach is a really good surf shop along with BC surf and sport in Lauderdale.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-25-2011, 6:15 PM Reply   
its a wakesurf kyle. thats so funny how orlando is this big scene, but even close in miami it wakeboarding sounds small..
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-25-2011, 6:23 PM Reply   
My bad. Performance is in Orlando. I'll shutup now. lol
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-25-2011, 6:50 PM Reply   
the reason the scene is limited is because there really aren't any lakes in dade or broward county. Some people ride the intercostal and the other boat riders ride in some of the parks that have ski passes but the first real lake is lake osborne (sp) and that's in palm beach county. There is one lake in miami that had a wakeboard camp but i don't know if it is still there. Otherwise there is Crystal Lake that Dean Lavelle lives on right by Rixen but the water is generally choppy and it is way overpriced IMO and he has one of maybe 2 docks on the lake. There is also Gatorbait wakeboard school in Miami that runs out of Marine Stadium, but again that is ocean riding. Basically our scene is Rixen.
Old     (bersach)      Join Date: Sep 2010       02-25-2011, 6:53 PM Reply   
Check out Miami Ski Nautiques... they have Liquid Force, Hyperlite, Ronix, other gear.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-25-2011, 8:57 PM Reply   
We just got in new Phase Fives last week. We have Drew's boards...but not in the XXL. Have the new Trident Carbon in the larger size, Daniello Diamond Tai, Daniello Pro in L, and the new Razz . Also others from Ronix, Liquid, Obrien, Hyperlite, Grindwater and more.
Call us if we can help...or road trip...we are open till 9:00 on week nights....and we definately have a great selection.

Bill @ Performance Ski and Surf
407-859-7544

8086 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, 32809
www.perfski.com
email: sales@perfski.com
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-26-2011, 4:02 AM Reply   
Wake Addict,
honestly performance is the best shop out of your possible choices but it is 3 hours away. i buy all of my stuff from performance. if you are in florida and place an order, it is delivered THE NEXT DAY if you make it in the morning. I still haven't figured out how that works but I've been buying my gear there for 10+ years and have never been disappointed. They also have by far the best return policy out there unless you obviously void the warranty hitting a rail, but otherwise they will replace your gear on the spot no questions asked, as long as its been a year. Would I make the drive to Orlando just to go there? Well it depends how bad I want the skate lol but probably not unless you want to hit up OWC which I highly recommend. But if you have that wakesurfer in mind then I would go through them. They seriously have the biggest board/binding/skate/wakesurfer collection out of any shop in America and the most helpful/knowledgeable staff to boot. As you can see, Bill is one of the first people to post on here and he is the OWNER. I can assure you it isn't just an advertisement either.