Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (tpj)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-20-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
I'm hoping to go to a camp next summer and i came across this one. Has anyone been to it...or has anyone been to another good camp in the midwest?
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-20-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
Hey Tyler, I've been to Gordy's camp for a one day session a couple times, a few years ago. He's a great guy and it's a good laid-back atmosphere. You can get pulled on the lake or down the river, so you always seem to find calm water. Last I heard Tim Keepers another local Wisco rider is helping him coach now. Give it a try, it's fun and historically has been much cheaper than the bigger camps.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       11-20-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
Tyler, I've been there a couple of times for a full day. Gordy is a really nice guy and the camp is set up at a great spot. The Wolf seems to always be glassy and Gordy has a way of telling you just one or two things to do that will fix whatever is broken. The last time we were up there, early-mid this season, he had a bunch of campers there too. They were all there for the week or longer and seemed to be having a great time and learning a lot!

We try to get up there for at least a day session once a season, I always come back riding better even after 1 day.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-20-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
Gordy runs a tight ship, I was there years ago... Redline watersports out of Madison also has one on Castle Rock Lake, WI...its really awesome setup on that lake, it's at a resort called Northern Bay, amazingly nice place, close to my house if you wanna ride there can always crash here and ride w/ us after the day at the camp
Old     (tpj)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-20-2007, 11:29 AM Reply   
thanks for all your help...looks like im going to sign up for the all week camp in the next couple months. has anyone done the fort freemont tournaments because i think thats the week im going to go?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-20-2007, 12:14 PM Reply   
they are really fun and laid back, be prepared to sit around... there usally is quite a few kids...but you cant always go back to the camp, its only a mile or two away
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       11-20-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
I used to do the fort tournaments, and I've ridden with gordy and also did the camp thing for a day. I can't say a bad thing about either. Fort always has lots of stuff to give away, and like everyone said, gordy knows what he's talking about.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-20-2007, 3:07 PM Reply   
As everyone else said, it's a great place and Gordy is a great coach, you won't be disappointed. I usually go up with Brooke when he goes.