Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-27-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
one of my freinds from gradeschools brothers was up north this weekend (he was 19) and got drunk with some buddies and took a canoe trip into the middle of the lake they were staying at. in the morning, they found the canoe, and they are still looking for his body (the lake averaged 150 feet deep)......he wasnt wearing a life vest....
just another example of how stupid descicions are made even worse by being on the water....this one just hit closer to home for me
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-27-2008, 5:30 PM Reply   
alcohol is so awesome!

Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-27-2008, 7:15 PM Reply   
thats a bummer to hear. not that its anyone elses fault but it helps for friends to keep an eye out for those that are neering that point of intoxication
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-27-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
a guy at our local lake of only 800 acres got drunk and swam out to the middle of the lake past the swim area.... two days later ..... well a 24 year old lost his life due to no being able to know when to stop drinking in order to make rational decisions.. sad sad sad...
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-27-2008, 10:51 PM Reply   
Most recent deaths on my lake came from an old refurbished boat capsizing on an extremely windy day. Luckily one of my childhood friends and his dad were driving by at the time, and were able to save two of them, but a third one died and was pulled into the boat, but the fourth didn't show up for four months. Then in december an older lady was found in the water near her houseboat, and just a few months ago, a 71 year old man fell into the water stepping off of a boat onto his dock and drowned.

Shocking thing is, is that prior to the first two deaths, it had been two years since the last deaths on the lake, where a guy that I know's dad was drunk, driving a cigarette boat very fast at night, ran over a cabin cruiser stern to bow, killing it's two occupants and their dog. (That's my relation to the drunk part, although the lady who drowned may have been drinking as well... can't find the news article on it).
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-28-2008, 12:27 AM Reply   
no one died in this [IMG]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc100/kkotige/DSC01843.jpg[/IMG] but drinking and boating dont mix!!
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-28-2008, 8:22 AM Reply   
they just found the body of a 19 year old drowned in blind lake from a late night kayak ride...alex, is this the same guy??
Old     (memphisvol)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-29-2008, 1:44 PM Reply   
someone died at Norris Lake this weekend too, was drunk and jumped out of a boat at 40mph

alcohol and boating jsut dont mix

(Message edited by memphisvol on May 29, 2008)
Old     (kel_dub)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-29-2008, 1:48 PM Reply   
A 20 year old is missing from Don Pedro who is thought to have drowned due to intoxication last sunday and a wakesetter was ran over by a centurion with over 10 people inside, also due to drunk driving.