Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-27-2010, 7:57 PM Reply   
Looking at buying a 2000 Tige 2300v, anyone on here know anything about these, good wakes- surf or wakeboarding, Thanks for the help.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-27-2010, 8:34 PM Reply   
not really familar with 2000 models but you could go to tigeowners.com and ask there.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-27-2010, 9:49 PM Reply   
Todd, I know what boat you are talking about. In general I think the 2300V Tige is a good surf boat. It should be really big inside. The problem is that it probably has the 315hp mag engine which I can't imagine is enough in that boat without really repropping. The main reason I wouldn't buy that boat though is because of the cracked block and that it is a saltwater boat. If it has been a saltwater boat for all 10 years of it's life you just have to know the boat is going to have other problems.

I would go check it out and see if it is actually in good shape. If it is showing a lot of signs of saltwater use I wouldn't pay more than 7500 for it. Make sure and check the trailer as well.
Old     (yodd_tost)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-28-2010, 6:42 AM Reply   
Brett- thanks for chiming in, I had a feeling you might have something good to say. I thought the exact same thing and when I talked to my cousin jeremy last night that is what he said too. I'm gonna go look at it this morning what exactly should I be looking for? If i do get it for a decent price and put a new motor in it can I just add some power when doing that or am I going to have to re work the tranny too?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-28-2010, 8:20 AM Reply   
I am not sure about the transmission part of it. I would just take a look at all the motor, transmission, vdrive, underwater gear, etc... Basically anything metal on the boat I would see if it is pitting real bad. Even if he has a fresh water cooling kit on the boat they usually don't protect the exhaust manifolds so you may need to replace a lot more of the engine than just the short block. He mentioned to me that the trailer is showing signs of salt use. It may need to have the brake system and bearings all redone as well as being stripped down and repainted. Maybe check under the dash to see how the electrical connections are? I don't know how tige secured the deck to the hull but if there is a way to check the screws/rivets under the rubrail that might be a good idea.