Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (masterwake1122)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-04-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
I was pulling someone skiing and all of a sudden there was a jolt and the boat wouldn't go anywhere. I shut it down and went underneath and the prop was pushed up against the rudder. I could push the prop / drivetrain back towards the engine. Prop and drivetrain seemed like they weren't damaged. It's a 97 nautique sport.

Anyone else ever have this? What did I damage? How can I fix it?
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-04-2010, 10:04 AM Reply   
Sounds like the shaft/coupler bolts came out. I would chek that first.
Old     (hypermike)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-04-2010, 12:20 PM Reply   
I had the same thing happen to me about three weeks ago. My mechanic found that the bolts on the drive coupler had in fact came out and the motor mounts were loose. I had to have the motor realigned and the prop fixed.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-04-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
What boat do you have? I agree it sounds like the coupler bolts came lose and then broke. I have seen this happen on a few malibus thats why I asked. The ones I have had this happen to needed new flanges because the bolt holes got elongated from the bolta being lose.
Old     (masterwake1122)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-04-2010, 2:40 PM Reply   
mike how much did that run you if you don't mind me asking?
Old     (hypermike)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-06-2010, 6:57 PM Reply   
Dan, Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. The shop I took my boat to offers an annual special, that inculdes: changing all oils, belts and filters, etc. On top of tha,t they diconnect the coupler and check the motor alignment. With mine already discounected, it was one less step for them. Long story short, $480 for the annaul service and $150 for the prop repair, plus Uncle Sam's part.
Old     (Dizzzy)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-06-2010, 10:17 PM Reply   
I also had this happen a couple of weeks ago, the key/shear pin that holds the prop shaft in was split right in half, I actually had to get a new prop shaft, which was around 500. The job doesn't take more than a couple of hours of labor to fix though once they get the parts.