Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old    stoked409            08-23-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
I want a sick/ really nice board, for my very first.

I wanna go big with my first board.

I dont want a beginner board period.

I want a board that even a pro would come up and say, " hey bro, thats a sick board!"

I want to feel comfortable out there and dont want to look like a kook.

I want a board that anybody in general, would love to own it or at least say NICE....

Which company or board should i go with...?
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-23-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
NATURAL.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-23-2006, 1:41 PM Reply   
07 CWB Transcend.
Old    stoked409            08-23-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
one more question?

who is the current world champ of wakeboarding...

like the micheal jordan of wakeboarding..

i did a search and couldnt find anything...
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-23-2006, 1:42 PM Reply   
CWB !!

That Marius, Absolute, Transend, Flame, Pure

i would say the Absolute or Flame
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-23-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
west coast riders
Old    stoked409            08-23-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
i saw that natural, and that is one sick board...

isnt that the chrome one..
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-23-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
There are so many different competitions around the world, it is very hard to say who is the 'world champ'. The biggest tour just ended, and Danny Harf got first overall. So I would say he is the "world champ" currently.

I don't know anything about basketball, so I can't say who the 'michael jordan' would be. Shaun Murray maybe?
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-23-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
Yes, the 07 Natural is silver/chrome ish.

The 06 is white.
Old    stoked409            08-23-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
yeah ive seen that a lot of people are riding murray bindings...are those the best or what.

i keep hearing people say how comfy they are...

i need good bindings too..does cwb make good bindings too, or who should i go with
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-23-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
buy what everyone here says.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-23-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
No bindings are the best. Lots of people here will say CWB makes the best, I say the O'Brien Argons are the best. It just depends on who you ask, until you go to a wakeboard shop and try them all on for yourself and decide.
Old    stoked409            08-23-2006, 1:50 PM Reply   
murrys huh....i just watched a vid of murry off that dpc films.com, the dude ollied a feakin fence that was 4' tall and then rode up on the land/ grass. then he did an air into the tree limbs..
Old    stoked409            08-23-2006, 1:51 PM Reply   
does anybody know the cloest wakeboard shop in my area...beaumont texas...

nacho...you live in texas right?

i would love to try some on..
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-23-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   
I bought a board based on specs alone that seemed perfect for me and hated it! Then rode a friend's board that I never even considered and fell in love with it, and exchanged the one I hated for the one I now have and love. So I'd recommend finding 2 or 3 that you're interested in, then demo them. Try some of your friends' boards too so you get a good idea of which boards you like and don't like, then the rep can help you narrow it down.
Old    stoked409            08-23-2006, 1:55 PM Reply   
how can i demo a board that i dont have or my friends dont have?

i always hear yall say demo, but its kinda hard if you dont have access to what you want..
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-23-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
Some shops let you demo boards.
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-23-2006, 1:56 PM Reply   
dude you should try out the Zues... or the torqs.. most comfiest ... plus they look cool haha
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-23-2006, 2:01 PM Reply   
Kylie, board manufacurers or any sales industry will say anything to make the sale. I don't even read write-ups on boards, because they all say the same BS. "..this board has HUGE pop, soft landings, etc etc etc" I think it's all salesman BS.

Boards are all personal preferance. I ride the Natural, and my best friend rides the Premier. We switched boards one day, and he said the Natural has no pop at all. I rode the Premier and said it had no pop at all. Go figure.
Old    stoked409            08-23-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
laughs..sounds about right...

zues or torqs.....who makes em...

im all about the looks of my equipment..ha...

ive seen this soild white life vest that is completly sick. i want that thing bad..but i think its a couple years old..

i dude on one of the malibu boat vids is wearing it.

i would kill for that vest, does anybody know which one im talking about and where to get it.

its solid white and very thin...
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-23-2006, 2:20 PM Reply   
A-10 NON USCG--Jet Pilot
Old    byerly137pro            08-23-2006, 2:23 PM Reply   
Just a tip that will make you look cooler...lose the slalom grip that you have in your profile pic...put both hands palms down.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-23-2006, 2:25 PM Reply   
yes.. that last years limited edition A-10 from JP. Check out the ones they are releasing this year under the limited edition name. They look awesome!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-23-2006, 2:26 PM Reply   
CWB Makes the Zeus and the Torq and ya they do look sick but they feel and ride even better then they look.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-23-2006, 2:28 PM Reply   
Aden - ya, now I know better! I know nothing about boards, so I pretty much looked for something intermediate that didn't say "aggressive rocker" on it!! Stoked - a friend of mine just bought some Watsons, all black, that are really sharp looking. (they'd offset that white vest and metallic Natural board really nice!) I tried them on and they're super comfortable, so maybe look into those bindings too! What you said about your equipment looking good made me laugh - one of my friends can't snowboard worth sh*t, but she bought really cool gear cuz she said she at least wants to look good when she falls. I'm the opposite - I'd rather look like sh*t and really throw down and surprise the heck out of everyone! (of course, I need to get some skillz first - LOL!)
Old    byerly137pro            08-23-2006, 2:37 PM Reply   
Wouldn't you rather have gear more appropriate for your level dude? I know I'd think someone was a total tool if they had really nice stuff and could only make it half way across the wake (not saying you suck, I don't even know you).
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-23-2006, 2:37 PM Reply   
Argons, being all black, look very similar to the Watsons. And they would look good with the 07 Natural, and do look good with the 06 :-)

I can't imagine a binding more comfortable than my Argons, but I guess anything is possible!

And I know what you mean, Kylie, I love wearing ugly stuff snowboarding and throwing down. Wakeboarding, I just dont care!

O'Brien is also coming out with a new pro model for 07, the guys version of the new D Friday board. I can't wait to ride it!
Old     (dcdman67)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-23-2006, 3:21 PM Reply   
Here is your local liquid force dealer

http://www.westmarine.com/?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&ref=123

5866 Eastex Freeway
Beaumont, TX 77708-4824
(409) 924-9343
Old     (offspringz28)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-23-2006, 3:33 PM Reply   
i am a newb with the 06 Flame 141/Faction bindings, very forgiving learning curve and i am already hopping wake in less than 3 weeks.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-23-2006, 4:17 PM Reply   
The Liquid Force Team is a board that is great for all levels. You can put a rookie on it, but its great for expert riders too. Also, I just got the Watson bindings and think they are great.

On another note, to quickly improve your riding without new equipment, grip the handle with both palms down.
Old    Lakewood, WA            08-23-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
OTE. Sickest board around. You know they are good when you say their ads in Wakeboarding magazine. HOT SET UP! No Doubt.
Old    flyhigh916            08-23-2006, 9:29 PM Reply   
Cant go wrong with any absolute (cwb sells the older absolute under different names. Get the 06 pure (old absolute) with torq bindings and youll like it. Or, ill sell you a brand new 06 parks, with brand new 3ds bindings for a KILLER deal..
Old    stoked409            08-23-2006, 11:07 PM Reply   
dude, i love this freakin board and all of you guys! yall are so helpful...

i cant believe you know what life vest im talking about!!!!i want that one bad..

thanks for all the great info...

i didnt even know we had a liquid force dealer here in beaumont....IM STOKED...WHOO HOO..

now i can go try out some bindings and look at some boards...
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-24-2006, 6:44 AM Reply   
you may think the a-10 jp vest looks cool, but you might want to think about getting a cga (coast guard approved) vest especially being a beginer.

also if I were you I wouldn't worry about getting the coolest of the cool gear right away. wait till you at least learn an invert or something. I saw a guy yesterday with all brand new shane gear and couldn't even get off the dock...It kind of pissed me off.
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-24-2006, 6:51 AM Reply   
Benjamin is right on. It is one thing to look cool with nice gear and it is another to be able to use your equipment to help you progress. Unless you can swing a sweet deal for some high end stuff, stick to gear that fits your ability. Doing tricks on any board is cool, what the gear looks like is just a bonus.
I also agree with Ben on the CGA vest. When I started I got a Non-approved vest(BG Tranform) because it was the good price of free but it was also a big mistake. With each fall it got more heavy and less buoyant. trust me, when you are learning you will fall a lot and you want to be able to keep your head above water.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-24-2006, 6:56 AM Reply   
I agree with Alex, you should concentrate more on you riding ability and less how you look to begin with. It seems to me that you are more interrested in making a fashion statement than learning how to wakeboard. A pimped out board will only look good for so long sitting in the rack....Take your time and demo a few boards. The "feel" of the board is a lot more important than the graphics.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-24-2006, 5:57 PM Reply   
I got on a LF Team a year or so ago based on Matt VdA's recommendation and it's been great to me.. Thanks, Matt!