Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    captfaceplant            05-23-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
Do any of you Mastercraft X-10 or Maristar 210vrs owners have Perfect pass? If so where is the new paddlewheel located? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old     (blacter)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-23-2004, 6:58 PM Reply   
On my 2004 X10 it's located just forward of the drain plug in the center of boat. You can reach it through the center hatch.
Old    captfaceplant            05-23-2004, 8:14 PM Reply   
Barry,

Does it pretty much work without a glitch at that location? And is it slightly of to one side or is there a flat on the centerline? Thank you so much for the info!!!
Old    sonicr1            05-24-2004, 6:55 AM Reply   
I don't think the stock location is very good. When you go over wakes I see my PP get confused--the speed reading goes up and down fast and the PP tries to adjust the throttle to maintain the speed reading even though the actual speed is pretty constant. I would suggest a little further back, if it is possible.
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-24-2004, 9:03 AM Reply   
http://www.mymastercraft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start= 0

Half way down you will find the referrence to the X10 issues with paddle wheel location.
Old    captfaceplant            05-24-2004, 12:19 PM Reply   
I have thrown out several inquiries, and once I find out the proper location I'll post some pics. Thanks for all the advice thus far!!
Old    oshensurfer            05-24-2004, 8:21 PM Reply   
PP will tell you exactly where their engineers suggest putting it. Give Randy at PP a call and he'll get you in touch with an engineer who will give you the best spot.
Old     (blacter)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-24-2004, 8:42 PM Reply   
My X10 was built in April and the paddlewheel was mounted forward of the center drain. The boat is so new that I've only taken it out once...no boarding...and I noticed that there were times when the PP gauge wouldn't show the speed at all. When I got home I cleaned the paddlewheel assembly, figuring that was the likely culprit. Now I wonder if I was seeing a syptom of poor paddlewheel placement.
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-25-2004, 6:03 AM Reply   
This link should help.
http://mymastercraft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=85
Old    captfaceplant            06-18-2004, 3:25 PM Reply   
Here are a few photo's of the location that looks like it will work best for my boat. Let me know if anyone see's any potential problems.
Paddlewheel Location
Old    captfaceplant            06-18-2004, 3:28 PM Reply   
Paddlewheel Location