Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    justmillinround            05-30-2004, 12:20 PM Reply   
Hey I'm just now getting into this sport and I was wondering what board would be best. I am a begginer but I think I'll advance fairly quickly and I want a board I can keep and use for a good while at 5' 10" and 160. Out of the following which would you recommend for someone like myself: Gator Caddy 142,Gator Phantom 135, Gator Signature 139, H.O. Legend 135 from H.O./Hyperlite, or the Blindside Billy McKee or Five0. All of these models are '03's. The main reason i decided to post this after researching all these is that I'm not sure how important the skill level is, like for instance I know the Gator's are more advanced than the HO's; but again I want something I can keep as I advance, but still be able to learn on. Thank you.
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-30-2004, 2:31 PM Reply   
Depending on your ability the caddy would be a great board but it is finless, so you should already know how to edge all the way through the wake. The Phantom has the removeable fin great board a lil short for you but if your ability is advanced you would be able to handle the varience in size. The Signature is a single fin set up great excelleration a all around board.
ITCH
GB
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-30-2004, 3:28 PM Reply   
Gator boards are not more advanced then Hyperlites line..if anything its even or HL has the edge..Gators are great boards but they have a pretty staright forward line of boards..

Some are so close to HL bottom designs you would think you were riding HL :-)

good choices from what you listed would be

Hyperlite ERA 135/140
Hyperlite Premier 136
Gator Gonzales 138(really a 136)
BS Billy Mckee 141

all these boards are pretty similar ride so pick them up ,look at them,demo if you can and pick the one YOU like the most..

Old    justmillinround            05-30-2004, 4:02 PM Reply   
thanks guys, so far it looks like the Mckee or Signature. But see right there is my problem, the only board shop any where near where i live in NC is about 4, 5 hours away in VA so i can't really demo any. The closest place we have is Play It Again Sports and you cant demo their wakeboard's as far as I know. So any more opinions on those boards would be awesome. Thanks again
Old    justmillinround            05-30-2004, 4:13 PM Reply   
by the way this is the reason i listed those boards only- www.wiredsport.com

it seems as if they have great prices on great boards for my kinda budget
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-30-2004, 5:22 PM Reply   
Dan I would say between what the have the pickett would be number one once you learn proper technique you can take that center fin out and it is a blast to ride, don't leave the savage that was my no.2 selling board last year.
The sinister is a very versatile board being six removeable fins. If you want a signature I can get one to you for 150.00 plus 15 for shipping.
I will look into N.C. shops maybe I can over night a board to em for you to demo give me some names and I see what I can do. I know trinty board shop will shipp you a board to demo.
ITCH
GB
http://www.trinityboardshop.com/

(Message edited by fullonsalesgrp on May 30, 2004)
Old    justmillinround            05-31-2004, 9:55 AM Reply   
itch i dropped you some mail but im not sure if my emails working. so if you dont get it say so and well figure something out
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-31-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
billy mckee. it has amazing pop. never ridden a board that popped so well. I ride a LF substance but sometimes I ride my friends billy mckee because i can get another foot of air with it. It is a little narrow for me, but that is to keep it quick with such a big rocker.