Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-20-2011, 7:24 AM Reply   
I just picked up a gopro for this season but I need some advice before I take in the water. How are you guys attaching a tether to the camera? Have any of you attached anything to it to make it float? I've heard you can tape a piece off pool noodle to it and it will float? Pictures will be greatly appreciated and thanks for the advice!!
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-20-2011, 7:30 AM Reply   
i guess it depends how you intend to use it. I ofter film from the tube or during double with mine. I take a 2 1/2 " wakeboarding rope link and attach it from my camera to my arm just incase i drop it.
Old     (Cajun_Misfit)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-20-2011, 8:52 AM Reply   
I mounted mine on the rack (upside down) just under the rope. If you put it on setting 3 it gives you a wide HD view which kept the rider in the picture 99% of the time. Got some great shots from it! I'll try to post some pics tomorrow so you can see(left the SD card at home).
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-20-2011, 9:07 AM Reply   
You can take any camera tether and loop it through the small hole at the bottom of the gopro hinge and then loop the other part of the tether through your helmet strap or some other safe point. Check this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZLL_UcyCnQ

Good luck, gopro's are fun...
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-20-2011, 3:18 PM Reply   
Christopher- Pictures would be awesome. I'm curious how you mounted it on the handle. I was about to attempt to figure that out myself today.

BCH- Thanks for the tip. Thats exactly what I was looking for. I didn't even notice that small hole before.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-21-2011, 1:25 AM Reply   
I used a piece of binding lace and I tie it to my impact vest (don't wear a helmet behind the boat) Thinking about doing some tube shots this weekend......
Old     (Cajun_Misfit)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-21-2011, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
I used a piece of binding lace and I tie it to my impact vest (don't wear a helmet behind the boat) Thinking about doing some tube shots this weekend......
I'm jealous... Unfortunately I'm headed out of town this weekend to spend Easter with the In-Laws.

Sorry NO PICS, I forgot my damn SD card again... I have a hard time thinking at 6 in the morning when I head to work. I'll post a few shots when I get home!
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-21-2011, 12:14 PM Reply   
No worries Christopher. I'll check this thread tonight. Has anybody tried to get it to float just as a double safety?
Old     (Cajun_Misfit)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-26-2011, 8:01 AM Reply   
Don't know how good the picture quality is on these pictures cause i did a snapshot from a Video... But to give you an idea of one place i mounted it. Pretty good when you dont have a "camera crew".

Chris
Attached Images

Old     (Cajun_Misfit)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-26-2011, 8:03 AM Reply   
i try to post a short clip so you can see the quality... suprisingly the camera does not bounce at all!