Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-17-2010, 3:31 PM Reply   
I usually have a carpet cleaner in every season to clean out my boat. I only do it once a year as it is a bit expensive to get done. Has anyone found a little portable unit that is any good or worth spending some money on? I'd like to get one so I could clean out my boat a little more often then once a year.

I found this one today but the reviews aren't the best.

http://www.consumersearch.com/carpet...l-little-green
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       08-17-2010, 3:44 PM Reply   
I pressure wash and rinse mine at the coin operated car wash. Then I come home and extract the remaining water out of the carpet with my wet/dry shop vac. Got even the toughest grease stains out that the previous owner made.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-17-2010, 5:37 PM Reply   
I use the Bissel Spot Bot all the time and it works great for me. It has an automatic feature but I just hand do everything. My kid spilled orange soad on the carpert while on a trip so it set in real well. I went over the whole carpet twice leaving no trace of the stain.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       08-18-2010, 7:46 AM Reply   
Just don't use soap on the whole carpet. It attracks dirt. Use soap only on the stains. Other wise pressure washer and a shop vac works great.
Old     (sasky_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-18-2010, 9:39 AM Reply   
I just picked up an 05 Mobius LSV and the carpet was pretty rough... i used some spray and wash stain remover on the bad stains then used the pressure washer with hot water and a shop vac to suck it all up... worked great... carpet looks like new!!

geoff
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-18-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
pressure wash and shop vac is the best way to go, or I haev paid the professional home carpet cleanign guys to clean mine in the past.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-18-2010, 7:38 PM Reply   
Bissell Little Green machine works pretty well, check it out for a nice portable washer/spot remover...