Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-01-2010, 1:40 PM Reply   
So we having been launching with the motorhome we plan on taking cross country this summer and have noticed it loves to lock up the front wheels and slide down launch ramps?

What are we doing wrong? I noticed the tongue looks like it might be a little high on the hitch. Could we have to much tongue weight?

I also just bought a front mount tow hitch, was planning on taking a trail 90 with us for campground transportation would it be better if we launched off the front end? Just seems it would be a pain to on hook and hook up on the front at every launch ramp.

Anybody have these issuses? For what its worth pulling the boat up the launch ramp is never a problem!

The motorhome is a 24d jamboree class c and my boats a wakesetter vlx
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-01-2010, 2:05 PM Reply   
Use the E-brake.................
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-01-2010, 2:11 PM Reply   
Hmm Never had that problem before. Like Tracktor said, try the e-brake or push the brakes harder to get more brake applied to the rear? Aren't you over your limit on GCVWR towing a Malibu behind a small class C like that? Make sure you have a big enough hitch as well. Most only come with a 3500.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-01-2010, 4:25 PM Reply   
Its a e350 ford one ton chasis with the v10 engine. I just looked at the hitch and it says its rated at 3500lbs? oops! lol It tows just fine no problems there its just backing down the launch ramp the front wheels lock up and the backs just slowly roll but never lock up! Maybe I need to have the rear brakes checked but it only has 30k miles on the coach?
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-01-2010, 4:26 PM Reply   
Going to head out to the lake tomorrow and try using the e-brake trick to see if that works. Also got the new front mount hitch in the mail gonna have to try that out too!
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-01-2010, 4:46 PM Reply   
Robert check on the inside of the closet, it usually list the towing capacity. I have a 32 and it says my towing capacity is only 2xxx but I tow my malibu with it all the time. It only has a V8 so I go a little slower but it's not that big of a deal. The V10 should give you no problems. The problem with these MH are that they are almost at capacity before you even load it with anything. I launch my boat with it sometimes, and have never run into the problem your are mentioning. I just launched at naci this weekend and I thought the ramp was pretty steep and the front never locked up. the front hitch should work, but I would feel on edge looking down the ramp with a long MH.