Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (purgatory71)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-06-2006, 11:34 PM Reply   
I have been looking at used boats for the last 2 weeks and trying to make a desision on what boat to buy. I have looked at a direct drive 04 Mobious and tried to find a 2001-2004 Tige d-drive but no luck on that. All are sold in a matter of days. I stopped by the Tige dealer and he said the Moomba and Mobious are the Bayliner of wakeboard boats- meaning cheap. I am looking to spend 25-28K and either a V or D drive. Can any one help. Must have a wakeboard tower. I am interested in Tige,Air N,Mobius. Does any one have a order in which boats are. Such as a Mastercraft at 1 at the top and so. I am just looking for assistance in buying my next boat. sorry about any mis-spelling
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-10-2006, 4:08 PM Reply   
Listen steve the Tige dealer just told you that because Moomba is kicking a$$ when it comes to selling boats. My first boat was a Moomba and a great boat it was. So your on the right path. Moomba is what I like to call the poor mans Malibu. I now own a Malibu but back in the day I started out with a Moomba Outback.Think of it like this the Malibu is like a Honda Accord and the Moomba is like the civic. They have the same engines (Indmar). The Moomba just has less options which makes it less expensive.So you can have a great boat for 30grand.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-10-2006, 6:12 PM Reply   
If I were spending 25-30K I would look for a
0lder XStar 1999+
older Malibu Wakesetter VLX
older Super Air Nautique
older Supra 21V

but that's just me. Check out flipsell.com and boattraderonline.com to see what people are asking to get an idea of what things cost.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-10-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
PS
I rode behind a 2001 Tige D Drive many times and the wake isn't to great! IMO of course.
Old    alanp            07-10-2006, 6:44 PM Reply   
there isnt anything wrong with the moomba/mobius. i have ridden behind a mobius and thought the wake was just fine. the fit and finish may not be that of the mc, nautis or bu's but neither is the price. if i were in the market for a boat id look long and hard at them b4 writing them off
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-10-2006, 7:11 PM Reply   
The Tige dealer is smoking crack. I have a Moomba and it is an awesome boat! They are a quality boat. They just lack the bells and whistles that MC, Malibu, Nautique, etc. have. I wouldn't get to wrapped up in brands of boats because they are all made well. Good luck!
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-10-2006, 7:13 PM Reply   
Why spend 30 grand on a used boat when you can buy a new one with a 3 year warranty?
Old     (azwakbdr)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-11-2006, 9:03 PM Reply   
I bought a 2004 Moomba Mobius LSV brand new. My wife and I love the boat. I can't see spending the amount of money on all the other boats when I have the same things on my boat. I spent less on the boat and I have more to spend on other things. MC, Malibu, Natique have options that normal wakeboarders do not use. I am totally satisfied with my boat.