Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (x2rider)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-12-2005, 12:02 PM Reply   
Has anybody had dealings with Boardparadise.com aka Crossroad sports aka Wakeboard superstore???

I ordered a LF Diva with element bindings for my daughters birthday from these guys on the 7th November, what appears to be a fake PayPal company has my money, and noone is answering phones or emails. As I am from Australia it is getting expensive trying to ring the company only to get a recorded message each time. If any of you guys get bored, the phone nuber is 888 760 4236.

The web site appears to be legit, and quite professional, however the PayPal Transaction ID is not valid.

Anyone with experience with this company??
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-12-2005, 12:05 PM Reply   
boarder's paradise is a legit company. dunno about crossroad sports or wakeboard superstore, though.

i just tried the number you posted...voicemail!
Old     (x2rider)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-12-2005, 12:09 PM Reply   
Boarders Paradise is, but I'm not sure about boardparadise.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-12-2005, 12:20 PM Reply   
ah, my bad.

can you contact paypal to get your money back?
Old    launch_wake            12-12-2005, 12:31 PM Reply   
I hate it when jerks do that. Make sure you read their comments before purchasing. There are several ways to get your money back, but you have to do it within a certain time frame. Check it out by typing in ebay fraud, or something along those lines in google. You should find a few different ways to get your money back. Just don't wait long to do it.
Ryan
Launch Wakeboarding School
www.launchwakeboarding.com

Old     (x2rider)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-12-2005, 12:32 PM Reply   
I have sent them an email, but I dont think its was actually Paypal, I think it was a fake company masquerading as paypal. The transaction I.D. isn't recognised at paypal.com, I'm hoping paypal can help but if this isnt resolved soon., I think I will be plastering the boardparadise name in every forum around the globe. I am still hoping this is just a mistake and it will all be sorted out soon.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-12-2005, 12:59 PM Reply   
Before you got plastering boardparadise give Crossroad Sports, Inc. a call. They appear to be the parent company and have an actual store in Greensboro, NC. (336) 545-6155 per superpages.com. Here is a review on epinions of boardparadise.com that appears to be legit i.e. not the owner posting a good review of his own company. I've bought stereo gear online before and ran into similar issues. A lot of times what's seen on the website might not be available in the warehouses. My best guess is they are not an authorized LF or Hyperlite dealer and are taking part in what is called Transshipping. Try getting a hold of Liquid Force too they might be able to at least tell you if this is an authorized dealer.
Old     (x2rider)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-12-2005, 1:09 PM Reply   
I am not plastering it yet, but as I am in Australia, I dont have access to all the phone numbers etc. I sent an email before the transaction went through asking for details and received a reply within hours, but as the goods had not shown up after 30 days, I have since sent 3 or 4 emails, none of which has been replied to. I have also rang the only phone number I had 6 times - voice mail each time. This forum is my only way of finding out if they exist. Thanks for the phone number I will try it now.
Old     (x2rider)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-12-2005, 1:25 PM Reply   
Thanks Ryan, That number was disconected I finally got through on 336 545 6115 , it is a retail store, and the guy i spoke to is going to look into it for me. I appreciate your help.

However I am still concerned that the paypal I.D. number is not recognised!!

(Message edited by x2rider on December 12, 2005)
Old     (x2rider)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-15-2005, 11:56 AM Reply   
Well it is now Friday over here and still no replies from either paypal or Crossroad sports, I getting more and more nervous about this. Think I had better ring them again.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-15-2005, 12:35 PM Reply   
The latest scam is to have a fake site with fake PalPal and fake CC number collection info. You may have fallen for that. They actually use the real website graphics and set up a shadow site for a few weeks or so, 90 days max, and then they are gone - with your money. The legit site gets hit with bad press.

This was tried on my site, but failed.

Best advice, send an inquiry e-mail and get a real reply. The fakes seldom do this because of the trail. Also, make a phone call asking about the stock status of the item. Most of the time, the fake sites have a fake phone.

Good luck.
Old     (x2rider)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-15-2005, 1:03 PM Reply   
I have again spoken to a guy at the Crossroad sports retail store, he seems very helpful, however I got nowhere last time we spoke. He assures me that everything is legit, he has promised me that he will personally speak to the people at the online shop and sort it out.

I am hoping, that as this guy hasnt heard of any problems from other people, that it may just be a xmas rush thing. I can't believe that I am the only sucker to fall for this scam!
Old     (wakespecialty)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-15-2005, 2:17 PM Reply   
I believe the only scam here is pathetic customer service. You probably ordered something they do not have in stock. If this is the case they would have to in turn, order it from the factory and have it shipped to them. Then ship it to you. This leaves plenty of opportunities to drop a ball.
Place a call to Liquid Force. They will be able to tell you that they are a legit company, if there are any factory delays preventing them from getting the product etc... They can and should make a phone call to the dealer and jump some ass to get this moving, you are after all, a Liquid customer.

This was pulled from their site.

CUSTOMER SERVICE

Everything ships USPS ground. Item(s) ship between 2 -3 business days from the date of purchase. There is no shipping on Saturdays and Sundays. Tracking numbers are provided by email once the item(s) have been shipped.

Boardparadise.com
4355 Ste 130 Federal Dr
Piedmont Centre
Greensboro NC 27410
336-299-6444
1-888-760-4236

Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       12-15-2005, 2:24 PM Reply   
When I purchase from an online vendor I always call and make sure it all sounds legit before sending my money over the internet. Or if you are too lazy to do that, at least buy from one of the larger, more reputable online stores.

Listen to Karl. He speaks the truth.

(Message edited by jonm on December 15, 2005)
Old     (wakerider900)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-15-2005, 8:32 PM Reply   
WWW.BOARDSTOP.COM
WWW.BUYWAKE.COM
YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH EITHER!!!!!!!
Old     (x2rider)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-15-2005, 8:39 PM Reply   
Unfortunately it is a bit late now, might be time to give my credit card company a call. They may be able to do something.