Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (NV236)      Join Date: May 2010       05-31-2010, 3:17 PM Reply   
I just received My new 2008 super air team 236. Purchased it as a brand new 08. I am having some trouble getting the wake dialed in for wake boarding. Anyone have some tips?

Boat has 790 lbs of factory ballast.

I am also wondering if anyone has any experience running the boat at slower speeds for my 8 year old grom riders? They where riding at 18 mph on my old 21ft boat but it seems impossible to get the wake smooth at that speed.

Had it out surfing on the weekend and it was awesome the wake was huge! with ballast and a few friends
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-31-2010, 7:51 PM Reply   
Don't think your going to get a good wake at 18mph. It's jus too heavy a boat. So you might as well go big

rip out the hard tanks. Put 750s in place. And order a G of lead from pop products. Stick 12 under the bow seats 10 in the ski locker and leav 3 in the cab to ballance out people weight. And get a power prop. With 2 people the wakeboarding wake is unbeatable. We had 7 people on Saturday and I needed directions Just to find my way back down to the water.
Old     (tro)      Join Date: May 2009       05-31-2010, 8:07 PM Reply   
you can put 750 lb fat sacs in the rear compartments without even removing the hard tanks.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-01-2010, 6:25 PM Reply   
^^^ c'est vrai.
Old     (rebelman10)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-02-2010, 7:02 AM Reply   
Balance is key! sacs in the rear won't help unless the front is weighted properly. Ski locker sac and a bow filler sac. That will allow you to have a wide range of speed and rope length for your riders. Most of these jugg heads live with 22 mph and 70 ft rope. Everyone doesn't ride the same speed or rope length.
Old     (NV236)      Join Date: May 2010       06-04-2010, 2:16 PM Reply   
Thanks Rebelman10 You at least gave me some great options rather than ripping my new boat apart for my 8 year old groms
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-04-2010, 4:10 PM Reply   
With you're kids and at speeds that slow, I'd advise you experiment with no ballast and the sports shift (eg., hydro-gate throttle) in slalom mode.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-05-2010, 5:57 PM Reply   
rick, i love your lack of recognition of the experience that those of us have with this hull. DJ and myself both own 2007s...there are few on this board with more experience running a 230/236 hull. rebelman gives a good, basic guideline for weighting any boat: balance. as far as his jugg heads comment, this jugg head rides at 80 feet, 24.5 mph, and extra 2k of ballast... my GF rides at 23.5 mph and at 75 feet.

the bottom line is this: the larger the wake, the faster you have to go to keep it clean. the 230 (and the 220, i own both) throw big wakes out of the box. the both like to go fast to stay clean. my wakeskate friends have to ride a 22 mph zero ballast to get the wake they want.