Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (pavement_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-25-2009, 5:53 PM Reply   
I love More than just Boarding I love boating and Watersports so I was just wondering who might have the most things ridden under their belt and/or what the strangest or most creative might be. Here are a couple of examples. I'll show my age here but a good friend and former VP of sales for Tige boats Brett Thurley once ran the slalom course during the Coors light tourney on a 2X4. My own would be an upside down skate board back in 83' at Ski Oakwood a Cable in Manteca ca. We used to play we ride it we keep it with the local kids if we rode it we around the lake one time we kept it if we fell they skied for free all day!!( we always gave back the skate boards and we did'nt make it every day)As far as most how about more than 17 if you count tubing,that 2X4, and body dragging.list available
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-25-2009, 6:20 PM Reply   
Our oldest son, who is 22 now, has rode more crap behind our boat than I care to remember...

It was always something out of the garage, or yard, or workshop, "Let's try this behind the boat!"

Glad he grew up, ...kind of
Old     (pavement_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-26-2009, 9:06 AM Reply   
Growing up is no fun riding that whacky stuff may help keep us young at heart
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-26-2009, 6:00 PM Reply   
We like to ride the tube off the kicker at our cottage, gets some decent height.

We also made a ski chair with a lawn chair and 4 water skis. Looks stupid but gets the looks.
Old     (dixiebmxer)      Join Date: May 2009       09-27-2009, 1:54 AM Reply   
I rode a piece of plywood before..... for about 45 seconds. The sumo tube ( youtube it ) is a blast too.
Old     (havasu4life)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-27-2009, 2:21 PM Reply   
coolest thing i have rode is this gigantic inflatable alligator. it would plane off and the legs would lift out of the water and away it goes. not to difficult. it just looked cool i guess
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-27-2009, 2:31 PM Reply   
2 lunch trays at mccormicks haha
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-28-2009, 10:43 AM Reply   
"Back in the day" I beach started a snow saucer at Naci . We also towed that thing behind a jeep on the beach complete with the whips into the waves...at night.

My youngest son is currently searching for a "disposable" big wheel which will be mounted to an old wake board
Old     (pavement_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-28-2009, 11:37 AM Reply   
Sweet guys this is the kind of ridiculous ideas that keeps watersports fun. I like the lunch trays at the cable reminds me of the 80's at oakwood(1st Cable in the US ever)
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-28-2009, 12:01 PM Reply   
My buddy's dad could ride a snow shovel around our lake.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-28-2009, 12:27 PM Reply   
A few summers back to tried riding everything just for kicks.

Shawk Board Gear, (The People who thought it was a good Idea to put velcro on wakeskates and shoes) sent me a bunch of Shoes and Velcro. So Naturally I put the velcro on everything but a wakeboard and attached the shoes and we shredded!

Here is a list of what I can remember riding:

Old Wood Door
4' 2" x 8'
Plastic sled
Various Shapes and Sizes of Plywood
Trex water Skies
Made two Skate boards into Shoe Skies
Garbage Can Lid
Top of a Cooler
Etc.

Anybody remember the old 70s wooden Disc? Man when I was younger my parents had an old one we rode that thing all the time. Shiat we even strapped a life jacket to a folding chair and would get up on the disc with the chair colapsed then stand up unfold the chair and sit on it. Lame But totally awesome to do when your 11.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-28-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
I've done the Disc, loved that thing.

Canoe paddle is one, but lots of people have done that one... its amazing how much stuff is do-able.

Not an odd thing, but I can kneeboard better than I can wakeboard... not proud of it, but its something.
Old     (thomas_arballo)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-28-2009, 12:36 PM Reply   
We like to Joust....haha It's dangerous, but hysterical to watch...Definetely recommend trying it
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-28-2009, 12:38 PM Reply   
Before this past weekend I had never ridden a wooden disc but my neighbor pulled one out of his shed and we rode it Saturday morning...and then again on Sunday. He is 60+ and was throwing surface 1080s and holding the handle with his knees. My first time up I threw a "sit down on handle yoga pose".
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-28-2009, 1:08 PM Reply   
We rode a couch around the lake once, a tube in the center and wakeboards on the sides acted like skids. Had fun with it, got drunk and lit it on fire. Good day at the lake.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-28-2009, 1:14 PM Reply   
Long video sorry but these guys ride just about anything. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuWfHbE5gx0
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-28-2009, 1:30 PM Reply   
Oh boy we have had many on our lake just this year. Kind of turned into a contest with all of our friends we ride with there to see who could come up with the dumbest thing

-started with a section of a couch mounted to a sheet of plywood which was mounted to a knee board.
-Lounge chair mounted to same thing
-Honda 50 dirtbike frame mounted to wakeboard and another mounted to a kneeboard
-little tikes couzy coupe car mounted to a pair of skis (dockstarting was fun to watch)
- wakeboard with 350ft of rope (not when lake was busy)
-tried surfing with a kayak.

Other people on the lake laugh and always ask us at the sandbar what stupid thing is next.
Old     (pavement_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-28-2009, 1:59 PM Reply   
Cudo's to Tige for coming up with that little contest at their reunion looks like all that tried had a ball