Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (suprasteve)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-30-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
what causes that to happen? The amp pushing the sub is wired directly to my 3rd battery.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-30-2008, 9:32 AM Reply   
Sounds like the amp is cycling on/off.

The amp might be wired but the turn on led is wired through the ignition. Try to bypass that first.
Old     (suprasteve)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-30-2008, 10:13 AM Reply   
i could have swore i tapped into the remote lead wire going to another amp.
Old     (dubwake21)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-30-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
I am pretty sure through all of my stereo knowledge that the remote lead eventually has to come from the head unit even if you tap into several amps, thus it is connected with a key turn when the power hits the head unit.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-30-2008, 1:08 PM Reply   
Like I said.....pull the turn on lead and tap it to the ground. This will turn the amps on and keep them on (only for testing purposes) and see if they pop again.

Check it on the head unit also cause that could be cycling also.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-30-2008, 9:21 PM Reply   
So is this a bad thing?? My sub does the same exact thing since I put in my new HU, didn't do it before with the same amp and sub.

if its bad on the electronics what is the solution?
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-31-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
you might have a blown cap in the amp.. very common if you didnt drain it when you put the fuse in
Old     (dubwake21)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-01-2008, 6:40 AM Reply   
It is just more annoying than bad. Some may say that the popping over time will take a toll on your sub, but I have had vehicles that popped and the systems lasted without any problems. One thing you can do to minimize is make sure that your volume is low upon starting.