Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (cpizzle)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-12-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
Anybody ride here?? Issues besides the salt water??
Old     (dub2rat)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-12-2008, 11:26 AM Reply   
check with the boys form the Long Beach State team, that is where they ride and practice. They can probably answer any questions you have.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-12-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
Sick location!
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-12-2008, 12:14 PM Reply   
Nick and Julz Heaney are now out in L.A. full time with a SS Mastercraft. They're still doing lessons and what not...so get a pull from them and listen to what they have to say! Heard it's a great spot.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-12-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
It's O.K. during the week or early in the morning, I think they open the gate at 6:00 am
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-12-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
It doesn't open until 8am. It is good during the week or early in the morning. Very protected from the wind. On weekends in the summer, it can be like a toilet bowl. Also, there are alot of yahoos that just cruise through and destroy the water.
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-12-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
wheres MOOSE when you need him......
Old    kc700            02-12-2008, 6:08 PM Reply   
it sucks, i drive by marine stadium every morning on the way to surf and the water is like a damn mirror. the gates arent open that early. what a waste of water.
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-12-2008, 6:43 PM Reply   
Glass till about noon on weekdays but the weekends are crap. Any more than 3 boats at a time its junk. MAX boat length is 21', no PWC, and no tubing is allowed. Opens at 8am (needs to open at 6am) and closes at dusk. Also always check before you go to make sure it's open because they will close it for events sometimes. If anyone needs a third there let me know
Old     (wakekid11)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-12-2008, 9:22 PM Reply   
im the president of the LBSU team and we are out there all the time, the water in the morning is always glass until about noon or one. the wind will pick up a lil bit, but it is still decent at worst. During the week nobody is ever out there, but during the weekends it is no beuno because tons of people are out there, then the water is bad. but overall the water is great and its a pretty unique place to ride
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-13-2008, 9:37 AM Reply   
Theres other spots to board inside the breakwater in Long Beach/ San Pedro. Get adventurous- I've ridden all over the area and believe me- theres other spots to ride but its a little ride from Daveys launch ramp/ Marine Stadium. I'll respect those that know by not mentioning any spots though
Old     (cpizzle)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-13-2008, 1:48 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the input. I'll probably try it out at some point. I would love to try it out if anyone has room for me. Let me know.

805-312-1965
Old     (wakekid11)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-13-2008, 2:59 PM Reply   
haha yeah i definately know about all those spots. sometimes when we are bored we just take the boat and go explore. there are some really sick places to film all around