Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    robertt            08-18-2005, 5:51 PM Reply   
My right hip is killing me. My bindings are symmetrical, about 13d duck. For some reason, my right hip (I am goofy foot) kills me after riding.

Which way should I move my setup? What would make my forward hip hurt? I mean, it hurts for at least a day after a long day riding...maybe more. I am at 3 days now after about five sets.

Any ideas?

I am 6'5", 36" inseam, 14 foot, ERA 147....any other info needed?
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-18-2005, 7:23 PM Reply   
try moving your bindings closer together, i had this same problem and i moved my bindings in two holes and it worked wonders for me, after that though i moved it back out one hole so now i ride one hole closer than i used to (for both bindings) you might give that a shot
Old    luv2wake2            08-20-2005, 6:13 AM Reply   
My hip used to bother me from the way I was launching off the wake. Kind of like it was a hard hit and would jam it. I learned to approach it with a more progressive edge and try to keep the weight more even and both legs and when I started doing that my hip quit hurting. Also try to land nice and smooth too. Your knees and hips will thank you :-)
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-20-2005, 7:28 AM Reply   
try giving it some more duck. I ride my bindings at 18 degrees symmetrical. I'm not saying this is right for you, but a little more duck could help.
Old    robertt            08-20-2005, 7:41 AM Reply   
thanks guys. I am going to try to go more duck, I am at 12 degrees now, but where it hurts it seems like I am torquing it forward with my foot too far in...if that makes any sense.

Sitting here writing this, I can twist my foot WAY out to the right (duck) with no pain, but cant twist it straight without it killing me.

I will move it out five degrees and see what happens today.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-20-2005, 8:05 AM Reply   
Robert, are you stretching and excercising your hips? If not you might want to start. Tight hips can cause other problems.