Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (ready_for_summer)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-03-2007, 12:58 PM Reply   
We are in the market for a boat. I love to waterski & my husband is now getting into wakeboarding. We have 2 boys (6&3) that will soon be doing both! Any suggestions on a boat that can handle both. We have briefly looking at Malibu & Mastercraft. We want a cool looking boat(w/ a tower), that can hold a large group but is still great for kids! Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-03-2007, 1:09 PM Reply   
Rachel, I bought a Sanger D215 (same layout as the Malibu XTI) to accomplish the same goals you're looking at. The bigger the boat the harder the waterskiing gets but the comfort of a larger one is nice. I noticed that my three kids keep getting longer and they keep wanting more friends. The little ones can find some wakes really intimidating at speeds slow enough to make them feel safe waterskiing.
Above all else test drive and ride behind whatever you're interested in. Most brands of inboards have several very good features.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-03-2007, 1:10 PM Reply   
Malibu Wakesetter VLX or LSV, or Mastercraft X2. The wake is a little big on all three boats for tournament waterskiing, but as far as a combination boat you. The LSV is a 23' boat, the VLX is 21.5. The malibu's will have a little more room than the X2, however the X2 has a bigger bow area for seating.
Old     (mikeymarsh)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-03-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
Rachel, you should deff check out the Mastercraft x-15. This boat has tons of room! It is a 21 foot boat with the space of a 23 foot boat! Great for wakeboarding and waterskiing. Suggest you check that boat out!
Old     (macgiver)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-03-2007, 4:05 PM Reply   
You should also look at the MB sports 220v. Great family boat for all sports tons of room tons of storage and fantasic build qulity.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-03-2007, 4:21 PM Reply   
Malibu 23XTI.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-03-2007, 4:58 PM Reply   
As you can see there are lots of options.
Much depends on how good of ski wake you are looking for. Of course you can Ski behind any boat. If you want to Simi seriously Slalom Ski Crossing the wake aggressively you are going to want either a DD or a Crossover V drive like the
CC 211 or the new Malibu V drive Crossover boat.
I just purchased the new Centurion 216 crossover boat http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/407802.html?1169914123 that I am itching to get on the water.

Of course a demo ride is the best way to see if you will be satisfied with the ski wake
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-03-2007, 6:22 PM Reply   
Super Air Nautique 236 it just came out this year has tons of room and they put it in their cross over line which means its good for skiing, wakeboarding, and what ever other watersports exist check it out at nautiques.com
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-03-2007, 9:16 PM Reply   
If going the Mastercraft route, check out the X15, or if your a fan of the picklefork the X2. The X2 has a more respectable ski wake of the two.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-04-2007, 12:38 AM Reply   
Rachel - I saw your family is from Carmel. You will have to bring your crew out to one of our NWL events. Check out this video from Muncie Wakeboard Club that hosted the 2006 NWL National Championship. http://www.officialnwl.com/images/WakeboardMidwestNWLNationals.mpg

About your boat question - holding large group but great for kids - How many in the group? and have you decided on a V-drive, Direct drive or unsure?
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-05-2007, 12:09 PM Reply   
If you are looking for a good deal on a boat...my friend is selling his 2006 X2 for a smokin price. It is listed in the Cincinnati area, but it is stored up in Kokomo right now. Great boat...I will be sad when it is gone. Check it out on boattrader...I don't think there will be a better deal.
Old    DRA            02-05-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
I have a 04 Sanger V215 for sale, Great Boat well taken care of and maintained.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-05-2007, 3:23 PM Reply   
Your 04 Sanger V215, can you PM me with info or get your number. My wife and I are in the market right now, and we live in NOR CAL
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-05-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
Also, what is your price range? It sounds like money is no option in this case. What ever route you go, make sure the boat throws a good wake, because you don't want your kids complaining 5 years down the road that their boat doesn't put out a big enough wake.