Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-11-2004, 11:25 AM Reply   
specifically the 2004 obrien 141 demented. what does progressive mean. is it more like 3 stage or continous?
Old     (bladerunner)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-11-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
It is continuous. Pops really smooth
Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-11-2004, 1:21 PM Reply   
i am riding a byerly 137 what will be the biggest difference between these two boards?
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-11-2004, 2:15 PM Reply   
I bought the demented 141 2 months ago....what a difference in riding!!Im not a real good rider yet, but it sure helps throw you in the air. Also with the fins on the outside I dont get the slip when I cut real hard,but it doesnt hold so tight you cant turn. Its an awsome board...My partner bought one after riding mine one time.
Old    dementedchick            10-11-2004, 4:18 PM Reply   
Derek, I went from riding a LF 128 (trip) to the 2005 Demented 131 and the difference I noticed between the two boards was that my Demented was a lot faster, gave me more pop off the wake (you'll go big) and it is also loose on the surface for surface tricks. I don't think there is that much of a difference from the 2004 model to the 2005 model, but I'm sure you could look it up online. As far as the Byerly goes I've never ridden one, so I can't help you there on a comparison between the two.

You should try to see if a local shop would let you demo one. It's a great board!
Old     (bladerunner)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-11-2004, 6:20 PM Reply   
the byerly pops a lot harder. demo a demented to get a feel for it. its all personal preferance
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-12-2004, 7:12 AM Reply   
Derek,

Progressive rocker gives you the best of 3 stage and continuous rocker in one board. It has great POP(3 stage) but is also fast into the wake(continuous).

Later,
jjakober
Old     (munky_flip)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-12-2004, 9:04 PM Reply   
thanks, abody else have a comment?
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-14-2004, 11:50 AM Reply   
My brother had a choice between the demented and the player so he demoed both boards and settled with the player. He said that it was fast with a lot of pop and those 4 molded in fins let you break away nicely but they give you good hold when you need to. Also try like the 2004 Era or the older premiers, they ride great to.