Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-25-2011, 12:49 PM Reply   
Trying to see what they look like and what kind of lift kit, size and tires anyone is running. Do you do any long trailering with it a well. Thanks
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-25-2011, 7:48 PM Reply   
not mine, but I love this pic...

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-25-2011, 7:56 PM Reply   
6" lift, 35" tires and they look great.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-26-2011, 11:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
6" lift, 35" tires and they look great.
that is what the pic is or what you have? any pics if that is not your truck?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-26-2011, 12:28 PM Reply   
I have a 2" level on mine, but no lift. 305/55/20 tires that do rub.
Attached Images

Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-26-2011, 12:29 PM Reply   
i think i want to upgrade the level kit to a 4" lift to alleviate the rub issue but not sure it will fit in my garage anymore
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-26-2011, 3:40 PM Reply   
a friend of mine said he knows someone with 6 inch lift and 35's on it and it rubs. I wonder what a 4-6 inch lift does for towing with an ecoboost.

are level kits and blocks a much harsher ride then a true lift kit?

I also hear that there are some noise issues and rear end issues with the ecoboost that they are working on for 2012?
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-26-2011, 3:44 PM Reply   
A leveling kit for the front of your truck is just a spacer that goes on top of the strut to push it down. Doesn't really change handling at all.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-26-2011, 4:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
that is what the pic is or what you have? any pics if that is not your truck?
Thats what it looks to be and we have built loads of them like that and we wouldn't sell them if they rubbed. The wheel offset will have something to do with it.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-26-2011, 4:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrider View Post
A leveling kit for the front of your truck is just a spacer that goes on top of the strut to push it down. Doesn't really change handling at all.
leveling kits change the ride angle of the arms and/or place more preload on the coil/strut assembly. both of these will serve to make your ride stiffer in the front end. how much so will vary from vehicle to vehicle, the leveling amount, and the leveling method.

additionally, since we are talking about leveling trucks on a boat forum, i suspect that the leveled truck will serve duty as a tow vehicle as well. stock trucks all ride high in the tail for a reason: so that when they have tongue weight and a load in the bed, they will tow level. a leveled truck will typically sit well below level when towing as the first few inches of travel are meant to provide a compliant, comfortable ride before getting into the load carrying range of the leaf spring. all of this affects the caster of the front wheels and how they steer, shifts weight bias to the rear and affects how effective the front brakes are (your primary source for braking power), and will affect how much steering control you have when backing down a steep ramp as the weight biased is shifted off the front wheels and they will be more prone to sliding.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-26-2011, 4:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jame04 View Post
a friend of mine said he knows someone with 6 inch lift and 35's on it and it rubs. I wonder what a 4-6 inch lift does for towing with an ecoboost.

are level kits and blocks a much harsher ride then a true lift kit?

I also hear that there are some noise issues and rear end issues with the ecoboost that they are working on for 2012?
Ecoboost noise issues? The one I drove sounded like a sewing machine it was so quiet. What rear end issues, the Eco doesn't have any special rear end that's not shared with other engines?
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-27-2011, 7:26 AM Reply   
these things are rated to tow 11k pounds?
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-27-2011, 8:43 AM Reply   
anyon know of the tow rating for a raptor? I saw a post where someone bent the frame between the cab and bed on one but isn't the frame the same as any other F150?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-27-2011, 8:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
these things are rated to tow 11k pounds?
Yes upwards of 11,300lbs

Quote:
anyon know of the tow rating for a raptor? I saw a post where someone bent the frame between the cab and bed on one but isn't the frame the same as any other F150?
The Raptor crew is rated at 8,000lbs and yes it is the same frame. I wouldn't concern yourself with bending the frame to much, its succesfully run and won its class in two Baja 1000's. Can it be bent? Of course it can
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-27-2011, 1:44 PM Reply   
thank^^

I haven't driven the ecoboost yet but drove a 6.2 F150 yesterday and a 250. I like them both very much but I think the 150 will do me better as a daily driver. so now looking around for a 2011 ecoboost 150 platnum or i guess i order one.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-27-2011, 9:17 PM Reply   
Come on guys... the OP asked for pics! I say we give him what he wants!!

Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-28-2011, 7:04 AM Reply   
^^^ bad ass! is that a 6 inch lift?
Old     (Bigstic)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-28-2011, 7:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
The Raptor crew is rated at 8,000lbs and yes it is the same frame. I wouldn't concern yourself with bending the frame to much, its succesfully run and won its class in two Baja 1000's. Can it be bent? Of course it can
Here is a link to Raptor frames bending. Ford wont warranty them but there are several aftermarket companies selling fix it kits.

http://www.raptorforumz.com/showthread.php?t=14208

Also have a coworker with a 2010. Think he has a leveling kit and 3" body lift and is running 35" tires. If i remember I will try to get some pictures.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-28-2011, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
thank^^

I haven't driven the ecoboost yet but drove a 6.2 F150 yesterday and a 250. I like them both very much but I think the 150 will do me better as a daily driver. so now looking around for a 2011 ecoboost 150 platnum or i guess i order one.
I drove them all too, had to go with the 6.2. The others just didn't feel right to me.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-28-2011, 9:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05mobiuslsv View Post
I drove them all too, had to go with the 6.2. The others just didn't feel right to me.
you mind stating what about the ecoboost didn't feel right, thanks.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-28-2011, 10:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
you mind stating what about the ecoboost didn't feel right, thanks.
It just felt like a lightweight to me. I've seen the torture tests and all and it looks like it did well. I'm just not sold on it yet. There is probably a reason it isn't offered in the bigger trucks. The 6.2 is a much beefier engine with a lot of power potential. I knew I would probably mess with it a little performance wise and Ford won't be friendly about messing with the Ecoboost. I don't drive the truck everyday or commute in it. If I did I might have gone with the Ecoboost as the fuel economy is supposed to be better while not under load.

Just my thoughts, I average over 15 with the 6.2.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-28-2011, 10:47 AM Reply   
I'm only averaging about 16.5 with my Ecoboost above (that is with the level, bigger tires and topper). Before those (bone stock) I was at about 18.5 overall it seemed.
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-28-2011, 5:15 PM Reply   
That truck looks awesome! What kind of headlight bulbs are you running?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-28-2011, 5:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
The others just didn't feel right to me.
You liked the 5.0 too!

I've had a 5.0 and now an Eccobost as well as had the 6.2 for about a week, I prefer the Eccoboost. I loved towing with it even over very big mountain passes. That said the 6.2 is a bigger badder naturally aspirated motor that certainly has more potential if one is looking to increase HP and TQ.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-28-2011, 6:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
You liked the 5.0 too!

I've had a 5.0 and now an Eccobost as well as had the 6.2 for about a week, I prefer the Eccoboost. I loved towing with it even over very big mountain passes. That said the 6.2 is a bigger badder naturally aspirated motor that certainly has more potential if one is looking to increase HP and TQ.
Yeah the 5.0 was cool too but had reservations about that one as well. I went with what works for me and my driving profile. I don't drive the truck everyday, don't commute, etc... If all those were a factor who knows what I would have gone with.

BTW Thanks Hate for taking good care of me when I bought a truck from you!!!
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-28-2011, 6:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
You liked the 5.0 too!

I have to think that someone will come out with programs to increase boost, etc for those.

my local dealer told me that the 6.2 was only 9MPG.....I was shocked! What would it be towing.

this truck for me will be more daily driving then towing and even that isn't a lot as i train to work.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-28-2011, 6:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
I have to think that someone will come out with programs to increase boost, etc for those.

my local dealer told me that the 6.2 was only 9MPG.....I was shocked! What would it be towing.

this truck for me will be more daily driving then towing and even that isn't a lot as i train to work.
Yeah 9 mpg towing, eco is no better there though.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-28-2011, 7:56 PM Reply   
I guess here is where I am torn. If one lifts an F150 6 inches and puts on 35's that makes it as tall or taller than the F250 and ride the same, prob even lose some of the towing capacity (?).....so why not just get a 250? Only thing I see is that you can get the platinum interior with the 150 and not 250 and gas is cheaper
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-29-2011, 1:18 PM Reply   
F150 Eccoboost to get 36 gallon tank

This is gonna be sweet!
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-29-2011, 1:54 PM Reply   
dam Hate. just when I thought I had it figured out. what do you think of my thinking of a 150 with 6 inch lift being equal to a 250?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-29-2011, 5:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
what do you think of my thinking of a 150 with 6 inch lift being equal to a 250?
I don't really follow that thought process to be honest with you. Unless you are towing north of 10,000lbs and/or are wanting a camper or need an 8' box the F150 is plenty of truck.