Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-09-2011, 5:46 PM Reply   
I am heading to Clear Lake next weekend. What can I expect with this muscle inspection thing? I have hard tank and multiple fat sacs in my boat. Do they expect each bag to fully drained and do they inspect them? I also read that the motor and cooling system needs to be drained... is that true?

- Uj
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-09-2011, 7:23 PM Reply   
Call and ask;

http://www.dbw.ca.gov/BoaterInfo/QuaggaLoc.aspx

http://www.cityoflakeport.com/hot-details.aspx?id=80

Lake County, includes Clear Lake
Mandatory inspection of any water vessel prior to launching in a Lake County water body. Applies to all motorized and non-motorized vessels and trailers.
All vessels are required to obtain an inspection sticker prior to launching.
The disposal of live bait and any liquid that contains or has contained live bait into Lake County water is banned.
For more information, call the Lake County Mussel Hotline: (707) 263-2556
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-09-2011, 9:57 PM Reply   
Last years inspection consisted of them taking my money,looking out the window at my boat,and me filling out some paper.

Idiots didn't even have any stickers,said just keep the paper work with you at all times.

Justa a complete joke.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       07-11-2011, 9:55 AM Reply   
I was at Clear Lake over the fourth of July. They made me fill out P/W and tell them the last time the boat was out. They asked me if it was all dry. I said yes. Then they took my money made me put 4 stickers on the boat and 2 stickers on the trailer. I was worried about it as well. But they never even looked at my boat. I had the inspection done at Clear Lake State Park. Good luck.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-11-2011, 7:18 PM Reply   
I love how other states inspections are actualy just paying for a sticker. Wyoming does the same thing. Colorado is free, but we actualy look at your boat. No new infested waters in CO. Maybe because we inspect insted of charge.