Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (pconnor)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-07-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
I finally wore through my Byerly BOA's (couldn't repair them anymore) and was excited to pickup a pair of '08 Murrays at a good price.

I was a little nervous about going closed toe, but didn't think twice about the how high the bindings went up my leg.

I got out on them and it was incredibly painful - has anyone else experienced this? I'm thinking maybe my stance was too wide w/ these higher bindings? Maybe I was a bit too ducky? Should I be taking the stiffners out?

I'm heading back out this weekend, but I thought I would ping the experts for feedback.
Old    110outlet            05-07-2009, 12:36 PM Reply   
I love them, i took the inserts out, just been having problems with the lock part with the laces.
Old     (blaketheho)      Join Date: May 2007       05-07-2009, 12:38 PM Reply   
Hey Paul,

I think that most people find the binding plenty stiff without the J-bars (stiffeners). I would suggest riding them without to begin with then adding them if you need the stiffness.

For the tongue cutting into your shin (and for other reasons) a lot of people are wearing socks with these boots. It sounds weird, but I guess it makes a big difference until the foam at the edges of the tongue pack out.

Hope this helps.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-07-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
Yeah, the tongue is thick on these bindings and will hurt your shin at first. This went away after a couple of sets for me though. I did wear them around the house several times to get them broken in faster. Once they are broken in then they are money! These bindings are so stiff you really should take out the j-bars.

My main issue (besides the lace locks) was the slippery footbed. Once I started rockin' the socks though my foot stayed in place perfectly.
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       05-07-2009, 5:16 PM Reply   
Give them a little while and soon you will love them
Old     (andrewilso)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-07-2009, 5:23 PM Reply   
They feel wierd at first I changed from 07 bonnifay to these but now they are broken in they are great, that good I will sacrifice having a slightly wider stance on my new Watson
See my "why oh why liquid force"
Old     (bsebllhglyknit)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-07-2009, 6:09 PM Reply   
I have had pain in both my 07 and 08 murrays till they were broke in. It will go away.
Old     (adenfoster)      Join Date: May 2009       05-12-2009, 11:17 AM Reply   
Take the "supports" out, that should help.
Old     (clearlakeirene)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-12-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
I would agree in taking the supports out. If your feet slide around in the binding, put the foam insert in the sole of the binding, and if they still slide around, wear socks with them. Also, when you have the socks on the binding feels so secure that you won't feel like you have to cinch the laces down as tight, and that may decrease your shin/calf pain. I have the Byerly close toe, and with the socks it is soooo comfortable and supportive, and gives me the feel of having more control over my board. I have also had problems with the lace locking mechanism. I took them into Performance and they fixed it or switched it out (I don't know because they took it in back and did it), but now its fine. Try your gear shop.
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-12-2009, 8:01 PM Reply   
Anyone know what they are doing to fix the locks on the laces?? I have the '08's also, and have only had a chance to ride them once. I just want to know because the shops here are not that helpful