Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-21-2012, 7:09 AM Reply   
Thought I would sell my LF watson board and watson bindings.....its been great but i want to try something new.

I'm looking for opinions on either the Ronix One or the Ibex or Parks for a board and the Ronix one CT or the Relix CT for boots. Thoughts on my choices...why you can't demo this stuff is so stupid to me.

Thx
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            04-21-2012, 8:05 AM Reply   
Which watson board do you have? Classic I assume rather than the hybrid??

Where do you live? Alot of hops let you demo stuff.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-21-2012, 10:32 AM Reply   
If he liked the Watsons he might not like the softer Reliks. Take a look at the Cells for something that's similarly stiff but the Ones should be pretty similar too and have gotten loads of good review here.
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-21-2012, 11:33 AM Reply   
Both are 08 stuff...I'd say classic
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-21-2012, 4:14 PM Reply   
Ibex is a good boat board. Really grips the water and you get insane pop
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-21-2012, 5:24 PM Reply   
I'm riding the new One timebomb with Defy bindings. I really, really like the way the boot fit and the board is amazing. Ronix really stepped up and addressed all of the complaints with the One board from the past. Ithe board is fast, loose, releases well, and is forgiving on sketchy landings. Surface tricks are much easier than on the '10 One board that I have.
Old     (Marksy)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-21-2012, 6:26 PM Reply   
Viva and cells 2011 or 2012

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791990
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-25-2012, 12:43 PM Reply   
Last years watson ltd is awesome! Light grippy poppy I loved it as I rode only one but was amazed after riding my board all day it felt like I nothing under me and got a solids run on even tho I was gassed out.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-25-2012, 12:55 PM Reply   
While I'm not expert and have been trying to find a new board myself I have always been astonished at the amount of different reviews that everyone gives the same more. Some say one board has tons of pop while the next says it doesn't. While in general I look for others opinions on what a board is like I have found that my riding style is completely different from the next guys. I'm no pro but I can definitely feel the difference in rockers for my riding style. I also agree that it does suck that you can't demo boards. I'm lucky enough to live in an area that still has demos available but the selection is still limited and it sucks bc you have to worry about dropping $500 on a board that you have never ridden just bc someone in a pro shop or online said its a great board bc it cost more or whatever. If you liked certain things in your old board I would make sure at the minimum that your new has those and is different in the ways that you didn't like in the old one. Good luck to ya man. My old stuff was '08 too and everything is night and day different now so I feel your pain haha.