Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (t0nyv831)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-14-2009, 11:02 PM Reply   
I installed my PP a few weeks ago and it works like a champ. Only problem is, I'm not picking up the engine RPMs on the PP display. On the instructions it mentions tapping into the "grey" wire. Well I tapped into the "grey/blue" wire behind my analog rpm display (it was the closest one) and there's no engine rpms displayed on the PP. Anyone know where to get the rpm signal from? I have the Merc Black Scorpion 330hp. Thanks in advance.

Tony
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-15-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
On the back of the engine above where it mounts to the transmission there are bundles of wires. They are labeled and you will find one that is a bullet style connector (I think) which is labeled 'tach' or 'RPM'. (I don't remember, and the boat's not here) It's not connected to anything usually on the Scorpion. Plug into that and run a wire to Stargazer from that if you want. Then you've got a direct feed.
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-15-2009, 10:39 AM Reply   
That should work, but you seem to be on the wrong wire. Check continuity between the wire ART reccomended and the wires on teh back of the tach to see which one is the one you want. THere shouldnt' be an issue using that connection if you get the right wire.

You shoudl also be able to read on the back of the tach which terminal is signal....they are usually well marked. Or call your dealer/tech, and ask which terminal on the stock gauge is signal.
Old     (t0nyv831)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-15-2009, 1:09 PM Reply   
Art, I know exactly what wire/s you're talking about. Totally spaced that one since I stare at the same wire bundle when I open up my engine compartment.

dhcomp, I see what you're saying. Yeah, I'd like to keep the wiring as close to the PP module as possible.

Thanks for the help, I'll look into it this weekend.
Old     (mbw4462)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-20-2009, 4:41 PM Reply   
Tony,
I just installed PP on my v210 and i called sanger and under the dash theres a wire harness that has 12 wires going into it for future accessories and you can pull it off that solid gray wire going into that wire harness
Old     (t0nyv831)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-20-2009, 5:50 PM Reply   
Mike, I looked under the Dash and ohmed out the tach wire from the engine compartment (Art recommended from thread above) to another red/white wire under the dash. It is a direct pickup from the tach according to my meter. I've yet to take it out and test it, but it seems to be it. The white/red stripe wire was just hanging there with a blue connector. I did not see a 12 wire harness, then again I wasn't looking. If it doesn't work, I'll take another look.

Thanks.

Tony