Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-25-2011, 2:15 PM Reply   
Since we pointed out the not so great customer service experiences in the other thread, I thought I'd take the opportunity to speak out about a great customer service experience I had today in a new thread.

A little over 2 years ago I bought a Covermate custom boat cover from Overtons. It was a blue Sharkskin cover to match my Supra. For the last year the blue dye on the cover has been bleeding off on my boat upholstery leaving blue stains everywhere the cover touches the upholstery. It's getting so bad that my hands will be blue after handling the cover. Being over 2 years old I figured I was SOL on a full warranty replacement, but I figured I would call Overtons anyway to see if I could get a discount on a new cover. I called and spoke to Kevin and then later with Brandon at Overtons. After explaining my issues they said no problem; send the cover back and we'll replace it with a new one!

Rather than go a few weeks without a cover while waiting for the exchange, I went ahead and paid for a new cover and then they will refund my credit card once they receive the defective old one. I'm really stunned at how easy this whole transaction was. I was fully prepared for the typical runaround you often get when trying to return something that is over 2 years old.

If any of you are in need of anything boat related I highly recommend Overtons!
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       02-25-2011, 3:36 PM Reply   
Wait are you serious? If a cover is leaving stains on your upholstery they should replace your upholstery!!
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-25-2011, 4:43 PM Reply   
The stains will come off with some cleaner, so it's not that bad to where they need to replace upholstery.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-26-2011, 9:19 AM Reply   
Thats good, I have never had good customer service through Overtons. Barts hs treated me well over the years. On another note. My dad had a cabelas tent a few years ago. We went to Powell(go figure) and we did not set up enough guide wires. Well sure enough, a storm kicked up and snapped most of the tent poles. We got home and put the tent in the mail. It was over a year old. We got a call from cabelas the next day. They wanted top know what happened. We were honest, told them the whole stupid story. They said, no problem, and two days later we had a new tent. They had payed for express shipping! Cabelas rocks. We have gone through the same deal a few times, one time I steped on a pole, one time the fabric riped. Replaced every time.