Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (sturdyboardz)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-15-2005, 2:13 PM Reply   
I am taking the "ever so lucky" plunge this 4th of July and some of the guys that wakeboard with me are standing up. Need some original "wakeboard" ideas for gifts.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-15-2005, 2:20 PM Reply   
That's Easy.

Every wakeboarders best friend, GAS CARDS.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-15-2005, 2:44 PM Reply   
Hopefully your wife is taking care of their needs ie. semi-slutty bridesmaids dresses. Or just semi-slutty bridesmaids.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-15-2005, 2:50 PM Reply   
haha nice Steve.

You could give them some lube... good for the bindings and the semi-slutty bridesmaids
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-15-2005, 2:53 PM Reply   
Such a MAN comment.

What is your price range?
How 'bout a subscription to Wakeboarding or Alliance magazine along with something else? I know my husband bought one of his groomsmen a board bag for his surfboard, could do the same for a wakeboard if they do any traveling.

Old    socalgrl79            06-15-2005, 2:56 PM Reply   
Whoa!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-15-2005, 3:28 PM Reply   
I'll stay away from the bridesmaids comments..... How about some wake videos? Otherwise, I guess it depends on what you want to spend.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-15-2005, 4:51 PM Reply   
Ha! So since I am a man, you're saying I did well? Right? Did you mean to say a "disgusting man" or some other equally semi-true term? Honestly, that was for a chuckle from the dudes around. I apologize to the ladies(& any offended guys) for my snide remarks. If I were you I'd go wakeboarding!! Hell weddings don't start 'til way later in the day. You could have some dope sets & be stoked on your run as you got married. Wet boardshorts under a tux are definately a "in" style.
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-15-2005, 5:02 PM Reply   
Sorry, I should of used one of those nifty smiley faces to show I wasn't offended. I deal with much worse on a daily basis!

Oh and on the groomsmen gifts, just try to think of each guy individually and what he likes.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-15-2005, 5:09 PM Reply   
Liking Big Heavy's idea, ride before you walk. Take the boys riding the morning of. If you still want to get 'em more, Gift cert's from the local pro shop, or resident wakeboard coach. That or board shorts.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-15-2005, 5:27 PM Reply   
Nice one Ant.

Someone design some wakeboard lube that's also safe for internal use.

I wouldn't recommend riding on your wedding day. Not to jinx you but there's too much that can happen. You show up missing a tooth, black-eyed, or limping down the isle and she'll be pissed.

Old    flixmaster            06-15-2005, 9:43 PM Reply   
Mick Fannings make real good groomsmen gifts.
Old     (grok)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-16-2005, 6:37 AM Reply   
Fannings rock!!!
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-16-2005, 6:39 AM Reply   
semi?!?!?
Old     (sturdyboardz)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-16-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
Fantastic ideas. I was hoping 35 or less and most fall into that category. Gas cards, how perfect!, Thanks flux. I told my fiance that the boys and I were going to take a pull between the ceremony and the reception. Didn't go over well. I need a tear-away tux. Mick Fannings? Huh?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-16-2005, 3:33 PM Reply   
Ditto the "Fannings rock!!" get em those. great gift idea!
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-16-2005, 9:08 PM Reply   
If you plan on buying each groomsmen a CWB Marius, please add me to the list :-)