Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    booandz            05-05-2005, 2:46 PM Reply   
I'm just learning how to wakeboard and I am now just clearing the wake. I would like any input on buying my first board. i weigh 190lbs and get towed by a mastercraft x-30. i would like a board that will progress my skills but give me a lot of forgiveness.
Old    drewsky24            05-05-2005, 3:04 PM Reply   
The Hyperlite Era 142 is a good board or a Liquid Force Litmus 141. Liquid Force Alphas are good bindings if you need bindings.
Old     (jeffreyala)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-05-2005, 5:46 PM Reply   
I am just starting out and have the Liquid Force Trip and Sphynx Bindings. I chose this setup because I heard the board is a good all around board to progress on, but still forgiving for the newbie. I like it so far. The Sphynx bindings are pretty sweet as well.
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       05-06-2005, 6:46 AM Reply   
Go with the CWB Absolute Plat. Good all around board that beginners to pro's can ride. This way when you progress you do not have to buy another board. Besides it is one of the best boards on the market.
Old    pappasurf            05-06-2005, 8:33 AM Reply   
I agree with Derik, though I don't think you need to spend the extra money on a platinum as a beginner. I ride the 05 Absolute and love it. With your weight you'd probably be good with the 141. However, the most important thing is that you are comfortable with the board. Go to your local shop and demo a few boards. Make sure you like the way it rides before you drop the money on it.