Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 07, 2006

Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-02-2006, 10:29 PM Reply   
does/has anyone ridden these wakesurfers? How do they compare to the competition?
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-03-2006, 6:32 AM Reply   
I have a phase 5. I have not ridden most of the competition just some of the hyperlite stuff and the phase 5 is much better. What else are you looking at?
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-03-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
I've ridden alot of them, granted I'm not a very good surfer..but I could definetly feel the difference in some of the boards I've been on...Landlock, Braodcast, Inland Surfers (green room, chubby, the blue one), trick boardz, etc. I can honestly say that the Phase 5's I was on were extremely user friendly for the novice and I've seen guys rip on them too!
Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-03-2006, 9:18 AM Reply   
I have a butterboard, and I don't think it is quite my style so i'm looking at other options
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-03-2006, 9:45 AM Reply   
I have 2 Phase 5's. I have the Oogle and the Prop. I have owned a CWB Ride, and an Inland Surfer Red Chubby, and have ridden LF Skimskates, HL Landlocks, Broadcasts, Shoreline Lakeboards, etc. I am by far no pro, but use surfers a lot with my crew, and others I ride with (including 2 pros). Here is my take:

It's all personal preference. For me, and all the surfers I have ridden, I like the Phase 5's the most. By far. On another post I stated I thought they were "fast" compared to the other boards I have ridden. Well, then someone jumped in and said they know of faster ones, etc. Of course there are a variety of boards out there. It is great if you can take one for a spin. That is always best. Compared to the other boards I have ridden, these seem faster. I have to really pay attention so I don't run into the boat. I thought they had great handling, carving, etc. I am not to the point if doing 3's w/o the rope yet, but I can tell they would be great for spins, etc, especially the smaller Prop. I feel the Oogle would be a great board for just about anyone, from beginners to someone pretty advanced. Great all-around board.

Bottom line is that there are a great variety and styles of boards out there. In my opinion, the Phase-5's are at the top of my list. Try to find someone in your area and demo if you can.

Good luck.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-03-2006, 9:47 AM Reply   
Oops, forgot these!

Also, take a look at my Phase-5 post in the wakesurfing section. Lots of good info there.

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-03-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
I've ridden the smaller ones and of all the surfers I've tried I really like those the most. Pretty thin rails for carving yet the surface area of the board keeps you in the wave well. They definately require a larger wave than the larger boards but if you sink the beast then these things are top notch.
Old     (gb_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-03-2006, 1:39 PM Reply   
Phase 5's are the way to go, I've been on Th eInland Blue Lake, Green Room Red Chubby, Yellow Looge, CWB Tsunami, Landlock, Broadcast and a few others and regular surf boards. Phase 5 has been the best, most fun and most free/skim/surf style combined.

I like the inlands too but for my riding style the Phase 5's fit me needs. I should sell my Landlock, but I'm keeping all 3 inlands too. You always need at least 6 boards, ha ha