Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-17-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
Im so stoked!!! i cant wait to take it out!
thanks all for the recomendations.
stokometer is at max right now!
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-17-2008, 5:14 PM Reply   
.....you gonna flyyyyyy son!!!.......hang on to your lederhosen!!!!

.....dont forget to call the flight control tower!

...you get the drift...congrats!
Old     (caseman1322)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-18-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
right on bro your gonna love it. I'm a liquid force dealer so I can pretty much ride a different board every day if I wanted and that is the exact set up that I've been riding all year.
Old    thebiggmann            09-18-2008, 8:48 AM Reply   
Hijack :-)
Cason, seeing as you're a LF dealer, wanna give me a compare/contrast of the '08 lyman vs '08 watson vs '08 Shane? I ride a Malibu response LXi with a 750# sac in the back, so my wake isn't great, but it's decent. I just wanna maximize my pop off the wake. 6'2" 220#'s, intermediate rider, looking to start throwing some inverts. Soft landings are nice but not a total necessity. Also, David let me know how you like the setup.

(Message edited by TheBiggmann on September 18, 2008)
Old     (lseghatch)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-18-2008, 12:45 PM Reply   
Same setup over here with O/T's and by far my favorite. I was really able to step up my riding and progress this season. Fun board.
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-18-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
psssshhh all about the lyman with LTD vantages !
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-18-2008, 3:05 PM Reply   
Stoke-o-meter! Love it!
Old     (caseman1322)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-19-2008, 7:42 AM Reply   
Tyler, the Lyman is imo the more aggressive of the three. It's definitely the fastest of the three and it has the softest landings also. since it has a four fin set up it doesn't really slow down with all the fins in but it is pretty loose without the inside fins. The Watson is the more mellow of the three and the most beginner friendly, but that doesn't mean it's a boring bored, it is still a pro model and it was voted board of the year twice in a row. It doesn't have as much pop as the lyman or the shane but it is the lightest of the three which gives it less swing weight in the air making it better for spins. The shane is a board that you will either love or hate. It's the loosest of the three and probably the hardest to ride if your still new to riding. I personally don't like it but like I said it's a board that you will either totally love or totally hate. It has an abrupt pop that will throw you higher and not as far.

the lyman: very fast, not too loose, up and out pop into the flats, super soft landings (good for going very big)

the Shane: fast, loose, abrupt high pop, good for wake to wake, a little hard to control

The Watson: decent speed, tracks well without too much drag, predictable wake to wake pop, very light, good for spins

this is all in my humble opinion so I would recommend trying them all out before you make a final decision if you can. Just to be safe I'm gonna have to go confirm everything I just told you after work today. I'll let you know if I still agree with my self tomorrow.
Old    thebiggmann            09-19-2008, 8:03 AM Reply   
So what is it that makes the Shane hard to control? I'm thinking the Lyman might be the best LF option, seeing as I'll probably gain a little bit of ground on the Shane as far as pop goes because I'll go with the 143 Lyman. How do the shane and lyman compare in weight? My Murray is a tank and is much more of a flats board than a wake to wake, at least it seems that way. My wake is not huge by any stretch of the imagination, so pop is where I struggle.
Old     (caseman1322)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-19-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
the shane is hard to control because it's so loose. it can be a little unforgiving if you don't land just right. If you need help with pop then go with the lyman.
Old    benj_t            09-19-2008, 12:41 PM Reply   
another board that is really similar too the lyman is the axis. the axis is pretty much just like the lyman but a little less agressive and a tighter feel. the lyman is my number 1 choice but the axis is 2nd

(Message edited by benj_t on September 19, 2008)
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-19-2008, 6:09 PM Reply   
What do you LF guys think about Ben Greenwoods board, the Witness?
Old    thebiggmann            09-20-2008, 9:30 AM Reply   
So the difference in vert pop is pretty much negligible in between the two? you just also gain the horizontal aspect with the lyman?
Old    thebiggmann            09-21-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
It's come down to two... The Lyman and the Ibex... decisions, decisions...
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-21-2008, 12:14 PM Reply   
sparky,

i rode my friend's witness 144 with vantage bindings the other day. i am really stoked on my board. in one word: smooth. the biggest thing i noticed was how nice it rolled on edge and held a stronge edge into the wake and out of it. i got pretty good pop off the wake. i don't think as much as my obrien cartel. if you can demo, def try it out! i had a blast with it!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-21-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
falconmb rider, thankx for the input, didn't mean to highjack guys...
Old    thebiggmann            09-21-2008, 12:58 PM Reply   
Lol well, I hijacked it from David, and you hijacked it from me, so i guess we're both dicks.
Old    benj_t            09-21-2008, 6:15 PM Reply   
sparky, i really like the witness, but the main thing i dont like was how slow it was. but i really liked how straight up it popped even though im more of a in the flats kinda guy